WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Google Checkout - Does it really increase conversion rate?

TruckStoreUSATruckStoreUSA subscriber Posts: 1
My company is thinking about offering Google Checkout as an option during the checkout process.
I am interested to know if anybody else has had any experience with this service and if they saw an increase in their conversion rate due to offering this method of transaction.
With the increasing news reports of websites being hacked and credit cards being stolen it would seem that some people are very leary of sending out their credit card information over the internet.  Although our site offers full 128 Bit SSL encryption I would assume that most shoppers still are skeptical about the security of their information.
In addition, most people are concerned about "fly-by-night" e-tailers who may not even be in business tomorrow.  Being associated with a recognizable name like Google would go a long way in perhaps legitimizing our company awareness.
Anyways, those are my thoughts and I am very interested in yours.
Thanks!