We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
How do I bootstrap an MVP?
Context - I am a part owner operator of two service based businesses, don't work in the businesses on a daily basis but support behind the scenes with marketing, admin, staff etc.
I have a network of 40+ other service businesses in my immediate circles of family and close friends.
Both my businesses and my network's spend a lot of money on marketing.
My idea will help decrease this spend and produce higher quality leads.
I have been validating using a scrappy email and spreadsheet system in one of my businesses, a dental practice and so far there are the following validations:
- been trialling the idea in a very contained fashion, max 30 times over a 2.5 week period
- 100% uptake by patients to be involved and support
- 1 lead which was converted and produced $150 in income for the business
- 30 patients are now advocating for and incentivised to support my business
I am now at a point where I want to create a seriously barebones digital solution that effectively replaces the scrappy system I have to:
- validate customers will signup / engage with an online platform
- continue to generate leads
- the system is easy to leverage by the business
- continue trialling with current business, then build a v2 which I can trial with another 3-5, a v3 which I can push to a further 5-10 - all of whom I have lined up and ready to go
I do not have a coding background (although a lifetime ago I did complete a computer science degree) and have played with some no-code tools but it will take me way too long to learn - I also have a job that consumes me for 60-80 hours a week.
I have posted a job on upwork - but unsure on the reliability here, developers seem to want to over-engineer things to be idealistic, create scalable code etc - but to me we haven't proven enough yet
I think no-code tools seem great as an option to get a scrappy v1 up for very few $ but not many developers on upwork are aligned.
Any advice or guidance on how I push on?
Are there any founders on here who faced a similar challenge that could provide insight?
Are there any people on here that can help?