We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need help in filling the SS4 form to request a EIN

CamilleCamille subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2010 in Business Planning
First of all: I will be a single member LLC.
The SS4 form from the IRS states under section 14 the following:
Do you expect your employment tax liability to be $ 1,000 USD or less in a full calender year  Yes or No (If you expect to pay $ 4,000 USD or less in total wages in a full calender year you can mark `Yes`)
I assume that my self employment tax is more than 1,000 USD and the only wage I will be paying is to myself. I expect my salary to be more than 4,000 USD per calender year. So if I understand it right I would need to cross `No`. Is my understanding here correct?


Sign In or Register to comment.