WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is the "VC method" for startup valuation fitting with the new paradigms of the sustainable economy?

ldld subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hi, I am ready to present a business plan to some investors. Therefore I studied the topic of startup valuation. Most Venture Capitals still use the famous "VC method". I attended a webinar in which this technique was analyzed, but I was wondering: given that stakeholder theories and sustainable principles value a startup not solely based on shareholder's revenues, is the "VC method" right for valuating these kind of startups?

Comments

• Options
    ishtiaqahmed9834ishtiaqahmed9834 subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member

Your thoughtful consideration of startup valuation methods in the context of stakeholder theories and sustainable principles is both insightful and relevant. The traditional "VC method" might not capture the full spectrum of value that socially responsible and sustainable startups generate. As the landscape of business evolves, it becomes increasingly important to adopt valuation approaches that encompass a broader range of impact, including environmental and social aspects.

Integrating stakeholder perspectives and sustainable principles into your valuation strategy can provide a more comprehensive and accurate assessment of a startup's worth. By aligning valuation methods with the values and goals of modern businesses, you're not only showcasing a deep understanding of the evolving landscape but also demonstrating a commitment to responsible and holistic entrepreneurship.

Best of luck with your business plan presentation to investors! Your consideration of these important factors is a testament to your strategic thinking and dedication to creating a business model that goes beyond just financial gains.