WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need Help, Any ideas

cinr11cinr11 subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2008 in Home-Based Businesses
Hello Everyone,
I am looking to open a retail online. I have 2 different vendors that I will be working with. My questions is does anyone have a system for a master sheet. Meaning the wholesale price and your markup price. Do you have a sheet for each vendor and everything is all in one? Do you have your markup price with the wholesale price there. I have no idea how to set it up/// Any ideas will be great!................

Comments

• Options
    cinr11cinr11 subscriber Posts: 1

barose,

I think you might of misunderstood me. I`m new to this e-commerce business. So, My question was if you have a system for your prices. How do you keep track of all the vendor prices with your markup prices. I am trying to figure out how to organize everything. What do you think is the best way?  Thanks in advance
  • Options
    minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
    I think if you are just getting started that Excel works well.  There isn`t any right or wrong way to do it.  Just make a sheet with the information that you will want to know and since Excel is so versatile, you can always modify the file.  I made one with things like: vendor name, website category, wholesale price, shipping costs, markups, retail costs, item number, product weight, projected profit per item and number I have in inventory.  You can use the Excel "sort" feature to view them by vendor or category depending on what you want to see.  I hope this helps.

Tracy