WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Feedback needed

Cindrla24Cindrla24 subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2007 in Website Critique
I really need some feedback.  I`ve been searching for a way to supplement money and I think I came up with a good idea.  I built the web site myself and created the jewelry myself.  Now I need to know what someone else thinks.  I don`t want to invest a lot of time or money into something that isn`t going to work or has some terrible flaws that I`m overlooking. 
I believe I have a problem on the front page as far as that I need to put up some type of navigational bar.  I`m not sure if I should just show all products on the beginning page or leave it as is.  Well, you`ll see what I mean.  I can use all the feedback I can get.
Thanks for your time.
http://www.igotsecret.com</A>

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm  All of that went over my head.  lol   I have LOTS to learn I see.
  • Options
    Thank you.  I attempt the navigational bar today and put it at the top. 
    Thanks for your ideas. 
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    For not spending a lot of money... your site is fine. It does need a little attention, rework the content so it is more "scanable" to highlight your main "selling points" and provide a strong connection between your marketing message and your product.
    The products page is ok using paypal buyme buttons. Buyme buttons can work.. here is a fabric flowers site that I created that uses paypal buttons. www.floralalternatives.com</A>
    The advantage of using an ecommerce program is it makes it easier for you to maintain your site, add, change products and prices, and also keeps track of your sales and customers. There are some FREE ecommerce programs available (osCommerce, Zen Cart...) and they can be designed to look almost any way you`d like.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Hmm, it works for me. the PayPal cart opens in a new window so the website`s product page remains open.
    I never said PayPal was the best solution... just that it can work, that is, it is a viable alternative to a full blown ecommerce application.
    ~Rolandvwebworld2007-4-21 16:39:43
  • Options
    The paypal opens up a new page on mine.  That way you can just close that window or minimize it and then continue to add more products to the paypal cart.  Again, all of this is new to me as far as creating the web site and all and I was trying to do this without a lot of startup costs. 
    I truly appreciate all of your comments.  I`ll keep working on this until I can come back and have you take another look and just say, "Gee, it looks great." 
  • Options
    ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Concur with all that`s been said thus far, with a little extra time and effort the site could be expanded and made much more usable and effective.Set up a simple navigation, split out the products onto individual pages, add some of the standard components of an e-commerce site (privacy policy, shipping policy, perhaps an about us page that provides some context and information about your business).