WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to approach company for sponsorhship

lindalouwholindalouwho subscriber Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in Startup Funding
My company creates custom `gifty` books for various travel-oriented industries. I`m a small one (sometimes two) person outfit.
My first year I did about $50,000 in sales with little effort. I know the books I do have wide U.S. appeal in various travel destinations.
What I want to do is travel the country in a motorhome and sell the books literally out of the back of the car. The books can be purchased by major retailers thru a wholesaler. In other words, I can blow into town and if I alert Barnes, for example a few weeks ahead they can order the books since they are in their system.
My thought is to get a motorhome rental company and the division of tourism in my state to sponsor the trip. - Kill two birds with one stone idea. I promote the RV rentals by giving `slide shows` of my travels. I promote the state I`m from by doing slide shows of living where I live. And I sell the books in the back of the room at the end. They`d match where I live and where I`m going. If I go to Arizona, I`ll have a book on Arizona available.
I want to have the motorhome company pay for the motorhome, of course. And the travel industry pay for the gas and expenses. I`d make money just selling the books.
I have the plan, but how do you approach a large company or organization and say hey, this is beneficial to you, it`ll cost you little, and you`ll gain a lot?
Has anyone else gotten a company to sponsor them? And if so, how`d you do it? And what`s the best approach? I don`t know people in either of the two places I`d go to ask for sponsorships.