WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Want my site to turn hits into sales

2»

Comments

• Options
    studiocheriestudiocherie subscriber Posts: 6
    Home link I can do.  Thank you for paying attention to the details, Craig.

A blank line between descriptions I can do.  A very good idea to help me improve the look, Steve.

That awkward space is unfortunately built into the template.  I think it might go away if I removed my logo, but wouldn`t that be a mistake?  Is there any other spot on a site where it would be acceptable to place the logo (with the homing link?)

The only other solution to that awkward space right now is for me to find a mom, dad or grandparent who wants to take some of my products in trade for the source code work to fix up the site.

I have to take the day off tomorrow, but will do that home link and spacing on Thursday.

Thank you guys.

• Options
    studiocheriestudiocherie subscriber Posts: 6
    Notes to tie-off this thread (can`t help the sewing pun,) just in case someone is reading this and learning from it.

My site is a prostores powered ecommerce site that I was able to put up myself, using their template.

To turn my logo into a link (as Craig recommended,) all I had to do was click on it, click the link button, and input the homepage address.  Once I did that, the link was activated for every page on the site - that was easy!

To get the spacing right on the product list (as Steve recommended,) was a little trickier.  This info may be of help to someone like myself who wants to do it themselves, but can`t change the source code themselves.  The way prostores has it set up, there will be very little space between product photos (or descriptions, whichever is longer) as you scoll down the list.  I fixed that by using photoshop to add larger canvasses to my photos, that gave me the blank space I needed.  Some one who is really creative might use this concept to add borders and more structure to a site like this without touching the source code.

Hope this is helping someone.  The great advice I got here, really helped me tune-up my site to prepare for the press release.  Next, I will be reading everything I can find in the PR forum that might help me craft my press release.  I have a couple of human interest/news angles I am rolling around in my mind.  I may end-up running them by you-all before the release.

Many thanks for the great advice, see you around SuN.