Looking for a CFO and founder
Chief Financial Officer
- Jacksonville, FL
Community Media LIVE is an early stage media startup in stealth mode as it spins up multiple, integrated divisions simultaneously. The company's primary focus is delivering news, information and entertainment offerings across multiple platforms, including print, radio, television and digital. However, the company also plans numerous ancillary businesses that will support its mission and bottom line. The company projects consolidated annual revenues of $50 million within the next five years. To redefine an industry and accomplish the seemingly impossible, we need a bold leader and creative thinker who can tear down the financial obstacles that would prevent us from reaching our goals by rolling up his/her sleeves and getting his/her hands dirty in a startup environment.
We are an early stage media startup seeking an entrepreneurial and innovation-minded Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for multiple rounds of fundraising through traditional and non-traditional sources, structuring compensation plans to attract top-tier talent, directing the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices, and delivering valuable business analysis as well as defining and reporting metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making and effective execution. The CFO will develop, maintain and continuously refine our corporate economic model while continuing to build out and lead the finance function as we scale. The CFO will report directly to the CEO, be a key member of the management team, and help to evangelize the company's mission, vision, and values both internally and externally.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develops and ensures implementation of goals, projects, policies, procedures, methods.
• Directs the general accounting activities.
• Prepares financial and statistical reports as required by the CEO, Board of Directors, and senior management team.
• Prepares annual and special financial reports, studies projects and analyses.
• Develops and maintains internal control systems and establishes internal audit and financial related corporate compliance policies and procedures.
• Provides data, reports, and other analytical information to assist in the preparation of the annual budget. Forecasts revenues, expenditures and year-end balances on the accrual basis of accounting.
• Forecasts cash flows and maintains cash management and working capital controls, including management of idle funds, short-term financing, and timely payment of obligations.
• Organizes, directs and participates in fundraising campaigns.
• Prepares and revises the fiscal operations procedures manual and ensures implementation of these fiscal policies/procedures.
• Coordinates with other departments planning for short and long-range fiscal needs.
• Responds to requests for information from various departments. Supervises and implements daily accounting operations including the verifying of payroll and cash disbursements. Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates department supervisory staff.
• Responds in an appropriate and timely manner to the needs, concerns, and problems of staff, the finance department, and of the organization.
• An advanced degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university required.
• MBA preferred.
• Ten (10) years of experience in accounting preferable.
• Eight (8) years of proven supervisory experience. Previous experience in the media industry is a plus.
• Experience at a high-growth, early-stage company a MUST.
• A strong strategic, finance skill set evidenced by the ability to analyze business models, forecast financing needs and raise capital at attractive rates and invest capital in a growth dynamic where short-term cash burn is required to build longer-term value.
• Experience leading a finance team and company through multiple rounds of raising capital.
• Experience with non-traditional fundraising such as crowdfunding and grants.
• Self-starter able to effectively manage multiple complex projects.
• Able to effectively communicate with personnel from diverse backgrounds.
• Able to see both macro and micro picture, with strong analytical skills and ability to effectively utilize technology.
• This is a ground floor, part-time equity opportunity as the company goes through it first round of fundraising.
• This position will be remote initially but Florida applicants are preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply, please visit:
smrtr DOT io SLASH KDDS
Sorry, can't yet post a clickable link since we're new(er) members.