WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How do I stop myself from falling asleep at work?

JaxonBil31JaxonBil31 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I work as an online foreign affair matchmaker, handling a few sites that the company I work for owns. Since I work during the PM shift, it gets pretty chill around the wee hours of the morning. I’m just sitting there, got nothing to do lol. It really sucks because we’re not allowed to bring phones, books, chat with other employees, and any unrelated websites are restricted as well.

I get so sleepy and bored that I have a hard time going through the shift staying awake. It’s not like I don’t get enough sleep, since I usually sleep 7-8 hours every night. Any tips to keep myself awake?

Answers

• Options
    Diana.kasimDiana.kasim subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    Drink coffee and water plus do squats 
  • Options
    CJ C.CJ C. subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Get up and do some small exercises. Also look into mediation and mindfulness. When you learn how to do this you can have fun being anywhere. Also try to make some drawings or doodles on paper

• Options
    GoldenEggLadyGoldenEggLady subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member

Any work should bring you pleasure first of all. Of course, there are times when tiredness beats your desire for self-development. Although it can be complicated to gather your thoughts, try to turn your project into a challenge. For example, if you urgently need to write a report, set yourself a goal to write the next 5 pages within the next hour or two. This technique helps you better concentrate on the task will definitely keep you awake at work!