WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Wholesale Pricing Feedback

Ryan GoldsteinRyan Goldstein subscriber Posts: 4 Member
Hi Startup Nation!
My name is Ryan Goldstein and I had previous posted here about my blog (The 4 Week Launch). I'm writing here today to discuss a question about wholesale pricing and get some feedback from the entrepreneurs in this community.

I just closed my first wholesale deal for my business, but want to try to maximize the profits from future orders. My COGS are $0.66/unit and they retail on my website at $5.99. As a basic rule of thumb, I took the retail price and divided by 2 to get a wholesale price of $2.99. The company agreed to this price instantly, which makes me think I probably could have increased this price.

Any have some insights they can share?

If you are interested in seeing the full post on this wholesale deal, you can check out my blog post on The 4 Week Launch Blog (https://www.airvinyldesign.com/blog/2017/5/22/5-closing-my-first-wholesale-order)

Thanks!
Ryan