WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Building a review website - unsure of logistics... Help?

Primordial SoupPrimordial Soup subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Business Planning
Hi guys,

First time posting on this forum! I am looking to build a new review/marketplace website which allows people to review and recommend people providing services (e.g. plumbers, painters, decorators, interior designers etc) in my city (London). The long term goal is that both customers and service-people will register onto my website.

However, in the meantime as I am starting out, I was wondering if it is possible (and legal) for me to pre-populate my site with the details of these professionals pulling images of their work from their websites/instagram/facebook/twitter pages? I am unsure with regards to copyright etc how this works. I am not actually claiming that these images are my own work, and am collating them from 'public' sources.

Would really appreciate if someone could give me a little clarification, or better yet their own experiences building a similar website.

Thanks a bunch :)