WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

INVESTMENT "ADVISERS"

bryanadams8545bryanadams8545 subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in Protecting Your Ideas
If you are planning to invest with the help of an "Adviser" I must warn you to be extremely careful. You would do well to run it past your solicitor/lawyer before signing over a penny. My own experience with what I regarded as a reputable company has been disastrous. Far from earning an annual yield, the advice was so poor I have done nothing but lose for over two years - and continue to pay for that doubtful privilege. The man with whom I dealt misrepresented almost everything and then disappeared over the horizon closing the "local" office in this country witout informing anybody. The company disappeared from London - again without notifying anybody, so nobody is covered by the compensation scheme operated by the FSA (Financial Services Authority) The company of which this man is a "Senior Partner" company, informed of his actions by email and hard copy couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge my complaint which contained all the necessary information including documents and email. . I should not wish you to suffer the same loss and shabby treatment so if you would care for more information please contact me personally. You might be glad you did...and a little wealthier.