WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Early-Stage Tech Startup with Absent CEO and CTO heading out?

Shazzy1228Shazzy1228 subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone,
I am bit new to the world of startups. I am a Neuroscience student who is leaving research behind for a business environment. I want to have my own company one day that blends science and business. I have been in talks with a health-tech startup that seems promising. HOWEVER, I have never met their CEO. It appears that the COO makes the decisions. When I looked up the CEO, he is also the CEO of a small pharmaceutical company in another state. I don't see how he can manage both entities. I had a formal interview today with the startup and found out that their CTO is leaving soon. This CTO is phenomenal as an engineer. He worked previously for a SaaS startup that now is about to go public. Apparently, he helped build their engineer team from 1 to 20. He has only been with the health-tech startup for 8 months. Why is he suddenly going? Something just doesn't seem right here. They have funding behind them yes and, but these seem like red flags to me.
Any thoughts? Thanks!