WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Review this site!

asadeddinasadeddin subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Website Critique
Hey everyone,

I've setup a landing page to see how much signup traction I can get. I'm not entirely satisfied with the results. It's a risk management toolkit. I would greatly appreciate if you can take a look at it, and at least post one thing you find that I could improve: http://riskopy.com

I'm sure there is a ton I can improve on. I would be super grateful for help! Thanks

Cheers,
Ahmad

Comments

• Options
    eBizEriceBizEric subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It's not terrible. My only criticism is that it's typical. Nothing special or different about it. It looks like every other long form scroller page that's been made over the last 2 years. It's a design trend that's been beat to death.
  • Options
    Bethany88Bethany88 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, asadeddin. Here's my feedback - the theme itself is not so bad. The content though is not so good. You should put yourself in customer's shoes and try to explain how can you solve my problem and what benefits will I get from choosing your company. Besides you should describe your product better. Also you've lost your first screen - there's only one sentence. You have to put more info and call to action buttons there. Think as a client, not a as seller.
    Check this out: http://www.localcleanersbuckingham.co.uk/rug-cleaning. It's a good example of what am I suggesting you to improve.
  • Options
    Hi, asadeddin. Here's my feedback - the theme itself is not so bad. The content though is not so good. You should put yourself in customer's shoes and try to explain how can you solve my problem and what benefits will I get from choosing your company. Besides you should describe your product better. Also you've lost your first screen - there's only one sentence. You have to put more info and call to action buttons there. Think as a client, not a as seller.
    Check this out: http://www.localcleanersbuckingham.co.uk/rug-cleaning. It's a good example of what am I suggesting you to improve.
  • Options
    eBizEriceBizEric subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Ahmad, I did find an error after all. The first line of text after "Worried about your risks?" You have it as "The oline risk management tool". I'm guessing it should be The online risk management tool.

To Bethany88, the only person who is going to need to know more detailed information upfront about a risk management service is someone who doesn't have a clue about what risk management actually is. That's not likely going to be someone who is searching for and finds that site now is it. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean the site needs to written like nobody gets it.
  • Options
    On the contrary - it should be written as simple as possible with keywords and catchy call-to-action buttons. Just because it is a specific matter, doesn't mean it have to be boring. Besides a good content is highly appreciated by Google bots and will defiantly help you rank higher.