WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is Anytime Fitness Still a Profitable Franchise?

AndrewT1224AndrewT1224 subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Business Planning
Hi everyone, not really sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. If not, please direct me to the correct forum.

I am currently in Insurance and am interested in franchising with a company that allows absentee ownership. I've personally been a member of Anytime Fitness since 2011 and have been wanting to open up my own Anytime Fitness for quite some time now. Problem is I've never franchised before so don't know if it is a good idea or not.

Not looking to become a millionaire or anything, just looking for an additional source of income. If the franchise were to fail, I wouldn't exactly become bankrupt but it would pretty much push me so far back that I wouldn't know what to do.

I've been told that net profits range from 30,000 to 150,000 a year. Can someone please add their opinion to the matter?