WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

pProduct Differentiation For New Startup

DkatzDkatz subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Business Planning
Hi guys,

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been inquired about (when I searched I didn't see anything).

I'm considering starting a dropshipping business online (so I won't have to keep/pay for my own inventory) for men's formal accessories at an affordable price. I'm considering selling dress ties (slim, extra long, bow, etc.) shoes, watches, and pocket squares. The ties would go for around $20 and in my opinion the designs are nice for the price, I can upload photos if necessary. I know there are sites such as thetiebar that already offer low price ties, so I was wondering if any of you had some advice on ways to differentiate/ put a new spin on the ties to separate (other than price). I'm realistic and aware this isn't a revolutionary idea, and the goal isn't to make a ton of money and get rich off this idea, but I think it can at least be profitable.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks