WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

where to get information

nwcw2001nwcw2001 subscriber Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Business Planning
Good morning kids!Here`s a little background. I am a chef that brews amazing belgian styled beers. My plan is to open a brewpub, even though I don`t think that name conveys a proper image, but I digress.My dilemma is that I am working on my business plan and I am not sure where to get all the info. I can find out how much to spend on furniture and equipment but any suggestions on how to (with a smatering of accuracy) estimate building costs? I know that you can`t nail down what it would cost and every region is different but if I could get an idea of the range as a per foot kind of estimate I could work my BP a little tighter.The next thing is the hidden costs that general "how to open a restaurant" books don`t cover. Like fees for hooking up utilities, or lawyer fees, upfront costs for equipment leases, etc. Anyone in the Seattle area with some insight that would be awesome.Thanks for the help everyone,John
nwcw20012006-9-13 11:32:55

Comments

• cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    Hey John,
    A former Seattlite myself, am curious why your attempting to open yet "another" brew pub in the land (and home) of microbrews...
    As for addressing your question...might suggest maybe looking for an establishment that has closed its doors and up for sale.  Some of your initial costs could be lowered if you find something that was a restaurant at one time.
    Good luck... Go Seahawks!
    jerik
  • cugelertcugelert subscriber Posts: 7
    BTW... you might want to pay someone to do that stuff for your business plan.  I posted for a business plan on www.elance.com</A> and got a dozen bids from 2000, to 200.  So how much is your time worth to you?
    jerik
  • nwcw2001nwcw2001 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks. I want to open it here because there is room for more and because the target audience is a knowledgeable one. I have a niche that needs filled and I brew great beer!