BRAND NEW: Check out StartupNation's FREE e-book guide to technology and web!
- near Chicago
- Last Active
- Work Experience
- I entered the IT field straight out of high school. I've been a network analyst, an operations manager, IT project manager, systems analyst, product development director and consultant. I've designed and delivered a corporate workflow solution, a company ticketing/issue tracking system, a VoIP predictive dialer with lead generation components and a custom, high-volume inbound marketing speech-enabled system that supported broadcast campaigns for national brands like QVC, Jiffy Lube and Procter & Gamble. I've managed in-house, remote and outsourced programming groups.
- What is your dream business?
- What I'm doing now - freelance writing and being an author. Goal is to be an LLC in 2 years.
- Share Your Startup Story
- I had a late-in-life epiphany about writing -- I loved it. I had done a lot of technical and marketing writing in my job but a writing career never entered my mind. I'm an admitted latebloomer. I've started my own writing business and authored my first book of fiction. I focus on a few things at a time but obsess about them until I get them right. Now, ask me how long it took me to realize that ... that's a whole other conversation.
- Data Processing, Computers, Information Systems, Telecom
- Some classes at Univ of Illinois (Chicago), copywriting diploma from Blackford Centre (UK)
- Current Role
- Business owner, author, copywriter and UX writer
- Altair Content
- Hubspot Inbound, Hubspot Content Marketing
Not much happening here, yet.