WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How much it cost to create mobile app for small business?

13»

Comments

• BilliusBillius subscriber Posts: 5 Member

It depends on huge amounts of various factors. I mean, you can create an app which just says "Hello, world!" and it won't cost much. So, first of all, you need to think out what you need. It's the first step that will determine almost everything else. Probably launching an app and maintaining it won't be that cheap (it's so for many projects) and there are ways to make it cheaper, of course.

In this thread, there are many decent tips and recommendations but I want to elaborate on outsourcing. Even though it's a bit more complicating (working with several companies rather than with one only) it's cheaper in most cases. I always prefer this model. For instance, I decided to work with Awesomic design services instead of having my own designers because it's simply cheaper and their UI design for my apps meet my needs. The same approach should be in other fields.

• afeez badmosafeez badmos subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Mobile apps is a tool among your assets and you need it to deliver on what your goal was in the first instance.

that being said,i would recommend my services ,

I am a Software engineer and a Web Developer for over 10 years and getting your app to do what you have in mind would require i get some additional information from you.

my portfolio is at www.afeezbadmos.com

• DeclanlawtonDeclanlawton subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Hey Roxanne Morris,

According to surveys, the price range for developing a mobile app can cost you approx $5000 to $500000. Here is a guide with a breakdown of the costs by app type and country. - https://www.moweb.com/blog/cost-to-develop-an-app

• bylddmvpbylddmvp subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2022

Hey Cassie,

Here are some resources I’ve written for minimum viable product (MVP) development (byldd(dot)com/mvp-development-guide/) and figuring out the kind of [investment required for software development](byldd (dot) com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-build-an-app-2/). These cover what you need think about when you’re building your product as well as the different avenues available to you when you’re ready to start building it out.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out to me at ayush@byldd.com

• nova johnsonnova johnson subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2022

The cost always depends on the features that you are adding to the website. If you are building a basic site it will cost a minimum amount only but if you want to build a website with unique features or custom features it will cost around 2000 dollars.

• ryan_masslightryan_masslight subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

You could apply to MassLight. We supply startups with capital and software engineers to develop their product, website, or mobile app. We take equity in exchange.

• nova johnsonnova johnson subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2022

The cost always depends on the features that you are adding to the apps. If you are building a basic app it will cost a minimum amount only but if you want to build an app with unique features or custom features it will cost around 2000 dollars.

• nitish_kmrnitish_kmr subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    edited July 2022

Creating a mobile app for your small business can be a costly proposition, but there are ways to cut down on costs. One option is to outsource the development process to a reputable company that specializes in mobile app development. They will create the app using the latest mobile technology and design standards, so you know it will be of high quality.

• chrisjameschrisjames subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2022

Nowadays mobile apps are becoming inevitable for all because of the increase in smartphone usage. In order to cope with the trend and also stand out from the market, business owners are starting to invest in the mobile app. So that they can serve more customers and they can save time.

One of my friends who has a restaurant recently had a mobile app from Uplogic Technologies. What he said about cost is, that the cost may vary according to the features we want in our app, and also he added that the customer service in that company is excellent.

• David27David27 subscriber Posts: 3 Member

App development usually s

tarts at $2000-3000 and above.

If you're wondering how much it costs to develop an app, you can read this article. This is detailed here.blog.codeharbor.dev/2022/06/03/how-much-does-the-mobile-app-development-costs