WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Want to know the cost of developing an ecommerce website ?

JohnabJohnab subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Cost structure for creating an ecommerce website will be vary based on the type of website they looking to build and their requirements. In some cases the web development services fixed their pay on hourly basis. So, here I have a placed a blog info https://www.apptha.com/blog/how-to-make-an-ecommerce-website-like-flipkart/ where you can get the estimated cost of developing an ecommerce website in categorywise. Hope it will be helpful for those who looking to know the ecommerce web development cost.
Tagged:

Answers

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, @Johnab

Since I think the information, may be useful, here is a clickable link to your blog post: https://www.apptha.com/blog/how-to-make-an-ecommerce-website-like-flipkart/#sthash.rFfCDXeN.dpuf 

However, please keep in mind you cannot post links until you have reached 10 posts, and please be careful about self-promotion. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    Great Interaction Design is paramount in successful eCommerce website design. eCommerce Website Interaction Design is heavily focused on satisfying the needs and desires of the majority of visitors who will both visit and shop on the site.
  • FrankLeeFrankLee subscriber Posts: 32 Bronze Level Member
    Actually, it isn't cheap. The cost completely depends on what are the features and functionalities actually you want.
  • PulsarrPulsarr subscriber Posts: 89 Silver Level Member
    It will expensive if the site will be difficult.
  • nova johnsonnova johnson subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2022

The cost always depends on the features that you are adding to the website. If you are built a basic ecommerce site it will cost a certain amount and if you are built a website with features like amazon and eBay it will cost around 3000 to 5000 dollars but you can get many advanced features for your ecommerce website.

• nitish_kmrnitish_kmr subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2022

The cost of developing an ecommerce website can vary depending on a number of factors, including the size and complexity of your project, your web design skills, and the specific features that you require. However, on average it is generally estimated to be between $5,000 and $10,000.

Whatever budget you're willing to invest in your new website will depend partly on what kind of results you are looking for. A cheap or quick website may only require basic design features such as a logo and background color scheme while more complex projects may involve development stages such as database setup or merchant processing scripts. In general though, any reasonable budget should cover at least some core aspects of site launch like domain name registration and hosting costs.

• jttmckeejttmckee subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I mean I've never actually done it, but couldn't you throw together Wordpress and WooCommerce for like $100 a year on Siteground? I think businesses have had success with this.

Certainly if I wanted to test out an idea I'd probably be looking at something like that.

Massive advantages:

-Very cheap

-Lots of devs know Wordpress and WooCommerce so easy / cheap to fix unlike a custom solution

-This also makes it easier to sell as a business later on.

-And it makes it very easy to migrate to another platform.

• David27David27 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
  • David27David27 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
  • karfageniiykarfageniiy subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the cost of developing an ecommerce website. The cost structure for ecommerce website development can indeed vary based on factors such as the type of website you intend to build and your specific requirements. Hourly rates are often used by web development services to determine their fees.

To provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the estimated cost of developing an ecommerce website, I recommend checking out the article "Ecommerce Website Development Cost: How Much Does It Cost to Build an Ecommerce Website?" from Cleveroad's blog. This article delves into the various factors that impact the overall cost of ecommerce website development, providing valuable insights and guidance.

You can find the article at the following link:

By referring to this article, you'll gain a deeper understanding of the cost considerations involved in building an ecommerce website, enabling you to plan and budget your project more effectively. It's a helpful resource for those who are interested in knowing the estimated cost of ecommerce web development.