WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Conscious Entrepreneurship

kmoorhousekmoorhouse subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Do you find that identifying as a conscious entrepreneur (ie purpose drive, mission driven, etc.) has been a challenge for you?

I find that so many conscious entrepreneurs struggle to find financial success in their purpose driven work. However, this is usually because their approach is the same as non-conscious entrepreneurs. Identifying yourself as conscious is the first step in setting up your business for success. From there, you can identify the best authentic steps to take for your company.

Tagged:

Comments

• Heather DinwoodieHeather Dinwoodie subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Hi! I was wondering if there are any resources you wish were available for conscious entrepreneurs?

• kmoorhousekmoorhouse subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I am a part of a conscious entrepreneur community called Shift/Co (shiftco.global) that has been a great resource for me!

• KharayiKharayi subscriber Posts: 3 Member

In my opinion, there will at some point have to be a compromise between financial success and personal mission. Where that compromise lies is entirely up to you

• valuevalue subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2022

Why the reference 'conscious entrepreneurship' or 'conscious leadership'?

Why not "purposeful entrepreneurship" or "moral entrepreneurship" or "good entrepreneurship"?

The reference conscious has a certain effect that helps to achieve results because morality requires a continuous intellectual effort to be actualized.

Morality can be seen as an intellectual capacity that is dependent on the potential for moral consideration and that potential needs to be facilitated in some way.

When it concerns morality, a good way to view it is that humans can merely neglect morality and never know in advance what moral is. Morality always involves the question 'what is good?' in any given situation.

The use of morality to write rules is called ethics which belongs to politics. While it is good to create ethical rules, a company cannot become a conscious company by mere ethical rules. Ethical rules can only be used to serve morality, it cannot provide the foundation for it.

Morality can be seen as a form of long-term intelligence that could help stave off disaster and secure progress in ways that are vital for long term success.

Morality can be considered as an intellectual light (like consciousness) that can grow infinitely from the inside-out and the result of enhancement of that intellectual capacity is intellectual strength in the face of an unknown future (resilience).

Morality is about serving the purpose of life - good - in the best (wisest) way. When humanity is to secure its future and to achieve an optimal path, it would be case that humanity is set to enhance its moral consideration potential with everlasting urgency to be certain that whatever path it has chosen, has been given the right chance to have been the right path.

When humans become smarter in an increasingly connected world, the actual value that companies create for the future of humanity is likely to become more important over time, and thus is the ability to operate an efficient moral company can be a strategic advantage for the longer term (with today's increasing speed of cultural evolution it could be shorter term).

Today's businesses are struggling to become 'good' companies. It is on top of the priorities but many companies fail, as is evident from the HBR articles that I shared in my previous post.

It is seen that the cutting edge of business science is discovering the power of a moral culture as a critical factor to succeed. Culture, like consciousness, is something that is never done, which explains its potential for achieving success when it concerns securing morality in business. When culture is set to serve morality, it becomes an intellectual capacity that can grow infinitely from the inside-out, with intellectual resilience and long term value for durable success as a result.

Hopefully the insight is helpful.

• valuevalue subscriber Posts: 4 Member

The following post went missing. I sent an email about it to support on July 3th but I did not receive a reply (also no PM). Hereby a re-post.

Interesting topic!

While the topic is already over a year old, it is the latest topic in the list and the subject conscious leadership is of increasing interest in 2022 as the following reference on Harvard Business Review indicates:

What is the purpose of your purpose?

"The current fixation on moral purpose puts pressure on executives to be seen as running a “good” business. Defining your purpose (morality) as embedded in culture—as operating in a thoughtful, disciplined, ethical manner—can be both pragmatic and genuine. The full potential of purpose is achieved only when it’s aligned with a company’s value proposition and creates shared aspirations both internally and externally."

hbr - org/2022/03/what-is-the-purpose-of-your-purpose

Some other articles on the subject purpose, all from 2022:

hbr - org/2022/06/does-your-companys-culture-reinforce-its-strategy-and-purpose

hbr - org/2022/03/the-messy-but-essential-pursuit-of-purpose

Developments in conscious leadership in big companies will logically have an effect on conscious entrepreneurship.

What is evident from the articles on HBR, which would be relevant for your question, is that the key to success for running an efficient, successful and durable 'good' business is culture (the embedding of a moral purpose in the company culture).

The trend in leadership today is a focus on authenticity and a moral compass. The number one business book of recent years, by an author that is considered the new father of leadership, is named 'True North' and is about a moral compass.

The cutting edge business science is currently in the process of discovering the critical significance of a moral culture (purpose embedded in culture) as a means to achieve durable success with companies that intend to do 'good', by the concept of moral intellectual resilience.

• zackkkkkzackkkkk subscriber Posts: 1 Member

You are talking about identifying as a conscious entrepreneur (ie purpose drive, mission driven, etc.) has been a challenge for us

---------------------------------------------

Gautam Adani is the real inspiration