WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do you master productivity ?

I was wondering how do you folks stay productive and efficient during the day?

Comments

• MarkoMarko subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I have a routine that begins when I first wake up in the morning through the first hour - it's gratitude awareness, coffee, read something inspiring (I am reading Social Animal by David Brooks right now) then yoga (15mins) meditate (10 mins) morning pages (10 mins). I do this everyday without thinking or compromise - this primes me for the rest of my day. I don't even have to think about it. I do it especially when I don't feel like it. This is the way I start off my day by stepping right into my power.

I also use Asana (online project management website) to organize my tasks for the day and prioritize so I start with the hardest thing first and the brain challenging stuff before noon. That's my best time.

Answering email, errands, other work that is more routine - I schedule for the afternoon.

Evening is for my family unless on a deadline.

• RichardParkerRichardParker subscriber Posts: 59 Bronze Level Member

@Marko

Totally I'm agree with you!

• Turner BellTurner Bell subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member

Hey @Tom_D!

Great topic you have asked. Everyone has different perceptions regarding being productive. I would like to tell you about mine. I use productivity apps such as Any.Do, EverNote, CloudApp, DropBox, Calender. Moreover, health apps for instance, Samsung Health and Galaxy Wear.

Also, I read some motivational content on internet to stay positive and relaxed.

• IulianIulian subscriber Posts: 1 Member

It depends on what you're working. For example, if you receive many emails you should use https://dwebox.com to manage your emails.

In the morning read the most important emails first (e.g your executives or your most important customers) so that you use the good energy when it matters. It just makes life thousands time better

In general, if you want to be productive I'd say just remove any distraction and focus on your goals 🙂

• LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

It's a great topic! Personally for me, strong time managment is the best tool to stay productive during the work day. I usually have many plans for the next days, so I list and follow them.

• Paul32Paul32 subscriber Posts: 7 Member

I agree. Time management. Personally, I use tools like Asana for it. Takes some self-discipline but once you get it going it really helps.

• Vivian121Vivian121 subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Master personal productivity? Or is it corporate?

Personal productivity needs to follow your plan at the scheduled time and actively complete it! And continue to be interested! This is related to many things! Such as your habits, life, career prospects and plans!