WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

MENTORS??

Dreamer08Dreamer08 subscriber Posts: 3 Member

How to find the right mentors?

Tagged:

Comments

• JohnGreenJohnGreen subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    edited June 2020

Hey Dreamer08,

A mentor is someone who will inspire you, motivate you, hold you accountable, and never avoid providing you with feedback. I have a few mentors in my life, but would like to share my most recent. I met my mentor just over 2 years ago. What made him my mentor was the way he made an immediate impression on me. I wanted to know who this guy was and how he had become as successful as possible. Over the past few years he checks in with me and holds me accountable to the goals I have established. He talks with connections I have made, he shares his influence on social media and in our business groups. He is an actor and has the ability to draw your attention while building your ego and motivation. I have watched him speak in front of thousands and provide charm, humor, and jargon to get you feeling motivated. He pushes you to keep on going. Mentors will stick out to you. It must be someone you have a connections to. Mentors can be people you already know or people you are bound to meet. Don't label them and don't search. They typically find you!

• taylorscrybetaylorscrybe subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I found it really hard to find a great Mentor too! I’m now on Lisnic which is literally a platform of all different kinds of Mentors, it makes the search so much easier. You can visit Lisnic to find the perfect mentor.