WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Could use some help in dealing with possible clients

I'm a welder of over 12 years now. I work from my home. Ive been operating my self start up for about a year now, nothing major has come my way. the occasional fix my bird-feeder, bench, or muffler but no contracts or steady orders. almost a month ago now i recieved a call about a company who wanted to perhaps get some work done by me. So i called them back we discussed a little on the phone, had a meeting, i took a sample of the product back to my place, welded it up, gave them a rough idea of the price i could give them per unit. it was basically my shop hourly rate id of billed to anyone, i knocked a little off the top cause if they planned on signing a deal with me, i knew they would be buying my services and i would be getting paid, I can cut a deal for that. well they did not like my price, and had some questions so we have had two meetings now, and honestly this being my first setting for this i feel like i jumped in way over my head, not in terms of the work. that is easy as Sunday morning. I'm just much more of a strait forward guy. i gave them an honest price for my services. i feel a little like they are just trying to wring a little more out of me before agreeing.

Some things to consider this contract would be a HUGE step in the direction i want my company to go, as well a large increase in revenue for me, perhaps even with some hard number crunching enough to secure a suitable location to call my business. As i said i work out of home. i am just really worried that i may want this deal to work out so much and being horribly inexperienced to deal with the haggling part of it, i may come out at a loss in the end.

Any Inspiration or sound advice would be heartwarmingly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments