WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Advice for Side Hustle

Sam HirschSam Hirsch subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hi All -

I am brand new here, and I come seeking advice. If this is NOT the right community, please let me know.

A few years ago I wrote a blog about some of my experiences in the Elevator Maintenance industry (pretty esoteric, I know).

I ended up ranking for some critical key words and every month I get between 2 -3 property managers looking for a recommendation to a local Elevator Maintenance company.

I would like to monetize these leads via fees. I am thinking I want to charge $50 - $100 / month to be listed on my site as an Elevator Maintenance Vendor and then they will get leads.

Here is my challenge. There are 4 big elevator companies across the country and I won't work with them (part of my blog is about how they stink). There are hundreds of local mom and pop shops out there. However, almost all of them are local operations so the odds that I get a lead for say the Chicago area is limited and therefore I won't be providing the companies a lot of value.

I would love suggestions of how I can monetize my site or maybe something I am not thinking about?

Thank you,

Sam

Comments

• Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi @Sam Hirsch ,

1. You can sell ad banner (charge a weekly or monthly fee)
    2. You can ask vendor to provide you their blog content (with a link to their site), so that you can post it onto your website. (Charge them a fee, of course) So that you have most content on your site.
    3. Join affiliate program. Write a blog/review about a product/service, promote it, include an affiliate link. You earn a commission when a sale is made.
    4. Tell the vendors that you are open for any partnership or something. Let them propose to you.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Options
    publicspeakerpublicspeaker subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

For side hustle you need to make sure that you are managing your full time job and side hustle very well, because If you are not able to manage it properly it can harm your current job. That's the best advice I can give.