WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Mindfulness & Presence is the key to motivation

CJ C.CJ C. subscriber Posts: 5 Member

The past year I've really made it an effort to make meditation and reading mindfulness books the most important thing in my life and my main focus. I came to a realization by reading "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle that motivation comes from within. It's easy to get extremely excited about a idea or new business topic. You want to do everything in your power to start that business or venture! Then your motivation subsides and it's not as exciting as it used to. If you can learn how to find that energy from within there is nothing that's impossible. Mindfulness has taught me to always be aware of what's going on inside my mind and body.

Once I learned that the thoughts are separate from the body I could always stay present. The only thing that exists is the present moment. Being present with the process of anything is more important than striving and focusing on any end result. There is no actual end result if that's what you focus on.

What is everyone's experience with mindfulness?

Comments