WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

5 Tips for Writing a Winning Business Grant Application

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image5 Tips for Writing a Winning Business Grant Application

You might think that qualifying for a grant would require a lot of work, but putting together a grant application is fairly simple. Here's where to start.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TWL1952TWL1952 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    In the 3 years i have been searching, I yet to see a real grant for a start up business that is ""Not" Non-Profit, Gov etc..
  • Options
    Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member
  • Options
    afloresaflores subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Hi @TWL1952,

I have evaluated over 100 applications to government grant programs and I can assure that there are many "for-profit" companies that received a substantial grant.

However, many entrepreneurs are "out of the loop" of the type/style of the documents and info provided in applications and fail many times, not due to the project quality but to the way it is formally communicated.

You can check that I have recently published a course on Udemy for that purpose. In the case you want to check the topics covered, here is the link. Anyway, let's keep this thread open to further discuss about this!

Just look for "SBIR" on Udemy.com.

Best,

Antonio