WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Starting a business. Any advice?

EricaErica subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I'm starting a business using funds from donations. Raised $200 in a few days, I'm pretty excited. I have a lot planned like a website and a place locally to sell from. This project is in it's infancy right now and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• likeshigh12likeshigh12 subscriber Posts: 86 Silver Level Member

If you going to starting a business, then the first prepare related relationship with your business how to run a business. Make social media for promote your business. Daily post on Social media platform to increase your business awareness.

• JewelryBundJewelryBund subscriber Posts: 7 Member

Great to learn that you raised dollars in short time. I would suggest you find clues about women's needs because women are always shopping, so if you are planning a business, an one to target women will be very profitable such as clothing, accessories, jewelry, etc. And you mentioned you are planning on a website, so think about some business to sell stuffs to women and ladies, you will make great money in this way!

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi Erica

We can't give you good advice without understanding your business. What do you plan to sell and your target is...?

The standard answers would like setting up a website, social media channels (like youtube, FB), SEO, ad banners...etc

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• sahyt65sahyt65 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I also want to start a business of clothes as well.

• weldon99weldon99 subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2021

The demand for fashion will not diminish as the years pass. So starting a cloth business is a great idea to earn income or side hustle. During this pandemic, most people don't want to go to offline shops to buy clothes since various options are available in online boutique and online trading companies. Therefore an online cloth business will be apt during this situation. Before putting a step, choose whether your clothing business should be an LLC or corporation; if you are going to start a corporation one, incorporate your business either manually, or you can use a third-party portal to incorporate the business online or electronically. You should identify your target audience, find a clothing manufacturer, choose a brand name, logo, and market profile. Along with all these, you must have the most appropriate business plans, including the rules and regulations.

• dandy2902dandy2902 subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member

You should do more market research to get more information about who is your customers, what they expect and how they want you deliver your products to them and why they should choose you.

• groverhemantgroverhemant subscriber Posts: 6 Member

When starting a a business, you have to create strong business plan. A business plan is an initial map that a company uses to determine its growth trajectory and includes details that will allow such entities as funding organizations, banks and potential partners to see the founder’s vision.

• Sofia SchulzSofia Schulz subscriber Posts: 6 Member

I personally believe that when you are going to create and launch a business, you need to follow some fundamental steps. First, you need to be conscious of the external environment. This means develops a 360 degrees analysis of your competitors and their products/services. Secondly, based on the data you collected, you need to analyze your strengths and weaknesses. This means develops an internal analysis to provide your costumer a unique product/service, such as defining your competitive advantage. Once you have cleared these two points, it's time to define your strategy. This means, define your vision and mission, define how to reach your clients, and what to offer to them.

I was enrolled, and I did some interesting courses on an e-learning platform. They provide a structured path to follow in order to develop a business from scratch.

• davewhitedavewhite subscriber Posts: 9 Member

Create marketing plan. It will help you succeed and save a lot of money for you

• Riley74Riley74 subscriber Posts: 49 Bronze Level Member

My first idea was to sell a few local items, but after asking around I discovered there are a lot of shops that specialize in vintage merchandise. I'd like to incorporate both into my shop, but the market is too small right now and there aren't many options for selling kits or pre-made items here in town. 

• AlanLuizAlanLuiz subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    • Advices for starting business
    • 1) Be Passionate.
    • 2) Start While You Are Still Employed.
    • 3) Don't Do It Alone.
    • 4) Get Clients or Customers Lined Up.
    • 5) Write a Business Plan.
    • 6) Do Your Research.
    • 7) Get Professional Help.
    • 8) Make Sure the Money Is Lined Up.