WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Anyone else made the transition from office to fully remote?

Stren656Stren656 subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
We're a SaaS based startup and the transition for us has been relatively smooth because the only things we need are computers and an internet connection. It's made things a lot easier for our team who are based in very disparate locations and when we had an office most of us were in headphones (typical devs) anyway?

I reckon that for software developers going remote is probably a no brainer and not very difficult but what have the challenges been for you specifically especially if you're not a company that is in the tech space?

A huge benefit to going remote is giving our team members blocks of quiet time where they're uninterrupted and they can get work done, no other guy in the office in the phone, clients visiting that sort of stuff which is super useful for product development, I wrote a post about it here you can check out:
https://realtimecrm.co.uk/posts/why-we-need-blocks-of-quiet-time-to-be-creative-and-why-meetings-get-in-the-way/

The only real cons are potential isolation but we deal with that with things like slack and hangouts to keep everyone up to date and making sure we meet in person a few times a year too.
Less work and more sales, check out:
http://realtimecrm.co.uk

Comments

• GoldenEggLadyGoldenEggLady subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member

I completely agree. Probably the most challenging thing in remote work is not to be distracted by the day to day stuff. The most important thing here is precise time management.

• LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

I think that the most difficult thing in working remotely is not to be distracted, so you should pay more attention to your time managment and set your own specific deadlines.

• seorchseorch subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I am working from home as I have a dedicated room with purpose built office cabinetry.

This allows me to section myself from the rest of the household so I can concentrate on the task ahead and when I need a break I can pen the door to the kitchen area and prepare what I need quickly.

I do have to get out of the house on occasion and go for a lunch time walk or a morning jog.

• Emelia_009Emelia_009 subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I can you help you guys in computer hardware solutions , data application , server solutions Operating and networking solutions

• caringconsultantchelseacaringconsultantchelsea subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I agree. The distraction level is higher at home but once you find a way to manage it it's a lot easier than being in an office. Which if you think about has its own set of distractions. I am a virtual assistant now and more recently have started a business consulting company. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Or you can just message me to say