WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Starting out from scratch.

MaicaMaica subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I'm looking into making my own small online business but I would like to have some suggestions on how it should be done... I'm sadly completely new to this and the research I have done feels like it's not enough. I'm thinking about doing an online bakery service for bread at home like selling homemade loaves or more. Or should I do more than just bread like cookies. Where do I make a website and how (I so far recall wix does it)? Does Patreon also do business like this one? And with this pandemic how should this be done?

Sorry to ask these questions.

Comments

• AnnAnn subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

It is always good to start a business which you likes the most. Otherwise it will be difficult for you to continue with that in future. So go with your passion.

Thanks!

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi Maica 

It is pretty to make a website now. You can install popular CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal with just a few clicks. Most web hosting providers provide softaculous (one-click installer).

While it is difficult to tell you how to set up a website or operating an online store in this post. I suggest your google for free online course like "How to create your first website", "How to build a website", "how to sell online"...etc

You can try popular platform like Udemy, I saw plenty of both paid and free courses for this topic. Sign up an account and learn the basics first.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• navag83378navag83378 subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

You could check out Shopify or MojoEngine website builder for a more managed/hands-off experience. You would still need to setup the store but at least you would be able to focus more on your cookie business.

• BiswarajBiswaraj subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Seems like you have a lot of things around your that you cant get off. HUH, same as me, i too want to start my own business but cant find a starting point, I am hoping i could discuss with you about some ideas and stuff, If you are in please let me know>D

• greenleaf21greenleaf21 subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

Starting your business from scratch can be exciting with lot of risks and less funding but if you think you can do it then trust your guts and go for it.