WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Objection Handling in Sales

swagata_NeoDoveswagata_NeoDove subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Everyone in the corporate world unanimously agrees with one thing for sure, Sales is the most important and the toughest part of the whole Marketing process. Every Marketing activity boils down to just one single aim, to sell the product! 

But the most important question which arises here is while you are selling for the first time to your customers,as a telesales agent Is he even interested in listening to you? Is he paying attention to you? What is the first impression of you in his mind?How to get him to listen to you is the major task.

While performing outbound sales, it is important to convince the client to just listen to you for ones reason being,it is always said if your product is good, it will sell itself, you just have to put efforts in one direction, that is, putting up the product well in the eyes of the customer.

You have prepared a perfect sales script and are very confident about converting the lead into customers until your client says Call me later I am busy right now! At this point all your planning has got wasted and you are very frustrated and there is no option by which you can tell the client to just listen to you!

Herein just don’t panic, Objection management will become your saviour.

How? Lets see.

The most common and major objections faced in outbound sales and how to fix them!

1. I’m busy- 

This is one of the most common objections faced during a sales call. It is very important during a sales call to have the immediate goal in mind. In this case, it’s not closing the sale but to get the prospect to listen to you.

The ideal response could be “I understand. I can be very brief or can call you back another time. Whatever works for you?”

When you say this, the prospect will either listen to you then and there or will give you a time for a call. In either case, your goal has been achieved.

2. What’s this call regards to?

If you comply and directly answer this question with a response that mentions that you are calling to schedule a meeting, to show your tool , see if you can explore synergies etc…the gatekeeper immediately gets alerted and knows it is okay to shut you down. But if you redirect this response towards your value statement, the response goes towards a new direction. 

For example- “The reason I ‘m calling is we help companies cut down their telesales cost and improve sales conversion by 10 to 15 percent”.

When you say something like this, the response is not what the gatekeeper was expecting ,he doesn’t hear the language that he is looking for and chances of his to let you in is higher.

3. Just send me information

One of the most common objections that one gets to hear during a sales call. Most often this response is used by prospects to get rid of the sales people quickly and effectively without sounding rude. If this objection comes early in the call, most probably your prospects want to get rid of you. You can reply by trying to redirect back to one of the soft qualifying questions- 

For example- “I can definitely send you some information but to make it more relevant to your use case do you mind If I know what you’re currently using for your telecalling needs?”. 

If it comes much later in the conversation, probably your prospect doesn’t want to make any commitment. You can redirect him the question by asking him what kind of information he is looking for in the email to qualify him further. Remember your goal is to open lines of communication between the two organizations.

4. I’m already using something today

If a prospect wants to end the call by saying he is already using something else.

Probably you can take the call forward by asking” Oh I see. Do you mind telling me what you are currently using? What is that you like most about it?

And then try asking what is not working well.Here not only the conversation goes ahead, you can see a room where to pitch in your product and the same time you also gather competitor data.

5. I am not interested

When a prospect says she is not interested, we can always redirect the conversation to one or more of our qualifying questions. 

For example- “I understand.But if I could ask you quickly, what are you using for your telecalling? How is it working? what could be made better?”

Redirecting the conversations to qualifying questions opens up the chances of taking the conversation ahead.

Takeaway

Remember, in a cold call, your goal is never to sell to the prospect but a chance to transition him into a first conversation. You should always try to reinforce the fact that you’re not trying to sell anything but only trying to open the lines of communication between the two organizations.

Comments