WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I create Social Media pages for my site, as an Introvert?

WrightTeckWrightTeck subscriber Posts: 8 Member

I have a small service business and would like to promote my website on social media. I am not a big fan of social media itself, especially the major ones (FB, Twitter). I only use LinkedIn to promote my qualifications and experience so I can get hired on projects.

Now I would like to create pages on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc, but I am not sure how to do it since I am a bit of an introvert. How do I go about creating social media pages if I don't use them that much? I have not used FB in over 3 years, never used Twitter, so how do I get the ball rolling, and get followers? What is the first thing I should do?

I am somewhat fearful, but I am willing to put myself out there and see what happens?

Appreciate any advice!

Comments

• KaylaOKaylaO subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Hey! I think introversion will not get in the way here much. The promotion on social media highly depends on your sphere and profession. But of course, the basic thing would be posting your works/portfolio ( if it's applicable) and get some reviews. The latter will be especially of relevance for Instagram for example.

• MilicaMilica subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hi WrightTeck, KaylaO has a point there, introversion not only will not get in the way, it may actually help you. Most extroverts would just jump into it but you are takin the analytical approach here. Thats a great strength.

I am usually uneasy with sharing my private info but with my business accounts i think differently. Im not putting myself out there, im putting my brand out. If you can make a little distance between yourself and "your brand self" you can make it fun, or even grow to love it.

I would start by defining what i want my business to be seen as. Social media is basically the face of your brand, and content is the makeup :D

Im gonna stop myself here cause once i start about branding i can go on forever, but if you find some truth in my words contact me, im more than happy to share my knowledge.

Best wishes for your new adventure

• QuratulainQuratulain subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Hey. The first thing to do is signup and find the TA. I hope you know your TA. do a little research and find out the different audience you can get from Facebook, Twitter and otherwise.

To help manage your pages use a tool like Social champ. this is a social media management tool and there are many like it. However, I use it because its cheap.

Anyway, use this to make good content, interact with audience, and just organize everything in one place overall!

• SarbjitGrewalSarbjitGrewal subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Being Introvert does not affect your marketing strategies! You can enhance your marketing by sharing the content related to your business on these social media channels and groups to improve the customer engagement and interest!

• WrightTeckWrightTeck subscriber Posts: 8 Member

KaylaO, Thanks for responding to my post. I have started a page on FB, but there is not much content. I have added the background image. I stopped there because I was not sure what would be the next step. As far as my portfolio, I have had multiple clients, but little shy about asking for permission to add their info. That's another hurdle I will have jump over. I will though. The first step is to get some relevant content on there.

Hi Millica,

I am following KaylaO's advice. Thanks so much for the encouragement. My over analysis gets the better of me sometimes. I feel better now knowing that there are others like me out there. You are right about separating myself from my brand. That's good advice. I am learning to do that. Right now, I just want to focus on the brand. Still need to learn more on that as well. Any advice that you can give, I will appreciate it.

Sarbjit,

Marketing strategies are not well ironed out yet. That's going come after the pages are done.

Thanks!

Hi Quartulain,

I am not sure what a TA is, but I will research it. Marketing funds are not available right now, so I am doing it all by myself. Hopefully, I can get someone who will barter with me for my services. I do software testing and technical documentation, so anyone knows where I can go to barter services that would be helpful.

• LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

You are not required to create a personal brand just because it is trendy, income-generating, or beneficial for a career. Be as pragmatic as possible. What specific benefit can you personally derive? Is it worth it? Do you have clear and definite goals that are best accomplished with your personal brand?

• megjonesmegjones subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

Being introvert has nothing to do with your marketing skills, rather then being fearful you should put yourself out there an see what social media platforms has to offer for you, the first thing you will have to do is make your business page on Instagram, facebook and on whichever platforms you want to promote your business or you think that this platform has the relevant audience for your niche and then ask people to follow your page the more people starts following you the more recognition you will get and then you can also try out some digital marketing strategies to promote your business such as SEM/SEO Email marketing etc and hence grow.

• weldon99weldon99 subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Social media promotion depends on the type of your business and the importance of your business. If your business and the services you provide are helpful to humanity, you can promote your business successfully on social media. Also, the posts you upload on social media are much informative; it can improve the traffic to your pages.