WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to Learn Business

SophiaCharlotteSophiaCharlotte subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I am a new students in business management, and I want to start my career with my study, is it possible? if yes, so how?

Comments

• SophiaCharlotteSophiaCharlotte subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2020
  • LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

I can recommend you to attend webinars or seminars where experts share their own experience on business or any relevant sphere, it will answer some of the questions that you may have now.

• publicspeakerpublicspeaker subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

You cannot learn business unless you start with the one, I had 0 knowledge about business but since I loved designing I started making outfits and people started paying me for it, And today I am a successful business woman, I would suggest you to just go with the flow, The process will teach you business. All the best.

• DenialBrownDenialBrown subscriber Posts: 6 Member

5 Methods to Learn Business

1. Pursue a Degree. Pursuing advanced education is one of the most common pathways to enhancing your business knowledge. ...
    2. Get Inspired.
    3. Gain Industry Experience.
    4. Collaborate with Others.
    5. Enroll in an Online Course or Certificate Program.

• MagandMagand subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Learning business encompasses a broad range of skills, concepts, and practices. Whether you're looking to start your own business, climb the corporate ladder, or simply understand the business world better, here's a step-by-step guide to help you learn business:

1. Determine Your Goals:
      • Why do you want to learn about business?
      • Are you looking to start your own company, improve your job prospects, or simply gain knowledge?
    2. Start with the Basics:
      • Books: There are countless business books that cover everything from the basics to advanced strategies. Some classics include "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries, and "Good to Great" by Jim Collins.
      • Online Courses: Websites like Coursera, Udemy, and Khan Academy offer courses on business fundamentals.
      • Business News: Read publications like The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and Harvard Business Review.
    3. Formal Education:
      • Undergraduate Degree: Many universities offer Bachelor's degrees in Business Administration (BBA) or related fields.
      • MBA Programs: An MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a popular advanced degree that covers a wide range of business topics.
      • Specialized Master's Programs: Degrees like Master's in Finance, Marketing, or Supply Chain Management can provide specialized knowledge.
    4. Networking:
      • Join business associations, chambers of commerce, or networking groups like BNI.
      • Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences.
      • Connect with professionals on platforms like LinkedIn.
    5. Hands-on Experience:
      • Internships: Gain practical experience and learn on the job.
      • Start a Business: There's no better way to learn than by doing. Even a small side business can provide invaluable experience.
      • Job Shadowing: Spend time with professionals in roles or industries you're interested in.
    6. Specialize:
      • Once you have a grasp of the basics, consider specializing in areas like marketing, finance, operations, human resources, or entrepreneurship.
      • Pursue certifications in your chosen specialty, e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for accounting or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) for supply chain management.
    7. Stay Updated:
      • The business world is dynamic. Regularly read industry news, attend workshops, and take courses to stay current.
      • Join professional organizations related to your field.
    8. Soft Skills:
      • Business isn't just about numbers and strategies. Skills like communication, leadership, problem-solving, and emotional intelligence are crucial.
      • Consider courses, books, or coaching to develop these skills.
    9. Mentorship:
      • Find a mentor who can guide you, provide advice, and share their experiences.
      • As you gain experience, consider mentoring others.
    10. Practice Critical Thinking:
    • Always question assumptions, analyze situations from multiple perspectives, and be open to feedback.