WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The hottest business opportunities today

Comments

• soloexsoloex subscriber Posts: 4
    Hello Rich,

You pose a really good question here. My thought on this is that we really don`t know. I think we need to create the infrastructure that allows for new ideas to emerge in order to figure this one out. There`s a startupnation forum that is pretty hot right now that is discussing my vision for the future and small businesses. I`m hoping our strategy opens up the market to everyone while also creating opportunites for people that were never thought of.

http://www.startupnation.com/forums/13960/1/1
  • aapkaeaapkae subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m going to agree with Jeff... energy is huge. I`d love to hear about innovative companies in this sector.
  • renegadeleaderrenegadeleader subscriber Posts: 0
    On my opinion, real estate is still the best business opportunity today cause of the low cost of most property at this state. For future business, it is good to start investing in solar energy, for the next 20 years, the demand for electricity will increase and hybrid system will be implemented.
  • renegadeleaderrenegadeleader subscriber Posts: 0
    The hottest today still real estate and the upcoming business would be electricity. Maybe in the next 20 yrs hybrid system will be implemented.
    The Renegade Leader
  • kimberlymitchellkimberlymitchell subscriber Posts: 0
    1 Senior Services
    2 Green Enterprises
    3 Health and Wellness
    4 Travel and Leisure
    5 Business Consulting Services
  • jimmycobbjimmycobb subscriber Posts: 0
    Opening an e-commerce site is a great business. By making it very simple to use and with great offers it can easily get popular.
  • tpaintpain subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi All,

I think no matter what industry, there's always some type of niche that can be used for a great business opportunity.

Some of the best opportunities I came across revolved around the financial industry because it doesn't evolve so fast. I listed the following in no particular order:

1. Becoming an insurance agent - the commission is low, but the more customers you get, the income quickly adds up. We are talking about residual income that keeps coming back to you if the customer keeps paying their premiums.

2. Real Estate - be good at what you do and if you are lucky, you can sell a few houses and make the equivalent of someone working 15 to 30 an hour job. Of course this ain't no walk in the park, like any other business - there are tons of paperwork and the chance that a sale will not go through.3. Tax preparer - I love the idea of working a quarter of the year and relaxing for the remainder of the year. Of course, those 3 months leading up to tax day is going to be stressful.

Even though the ideas above are great, they weren't a good fit for me, so I decided to stick with something I have experience with and that's fixing computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.

Recently, I have started to look into computer repair franchises, to replicate a successful business model, but franchises are expensive. Some I have looked at are Computer Troubleshooters, Fast-teks, CPR, Nerds To Your Rescue, Inc, etc. So far, the one that catches my attention is Nerds To Your Rescue because of their franchise giveaway videos. Seems a bit suspicious, but we shall see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqniw8zE6JE

• mick silvermick silver subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I think this is a great time to invest in natural gas industry. Recently I make a research on an Israel oil and gas company Delek Drilling and found that they give great returns.

• StephenCookseyStephenCooksey subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member

Hello, Friends!

The hottest business opportunities in today date are following below:-

Freelance Online

Develop Apps

Leverage Amazon

Sell on Etsy

Be a Virtual Personal Assistant

Sell Courses

Become a Social Media Influencer

Get Into Real Estate

Run a Turnkey Business, etc.

[url=]Remote manager[/url]

[url=]Productivity Measuring[/url]

[url=]Employee hours tracker[/url]

• John G. AnaiJohn G. Anai subscriber Posts: 83 Silver Level Member

Hot New Small Business Ideas To Start In 2020

• #1 — Online Publisher.
    • #2 — Content Agency.
    • #3 — Digital Marketing Firm.
    • #4 — Bookkeeping.
    • #5 — E-commerce Company.
    • #6 — Web Design.
    • #7 — Sell Hand-Crafted Items on Etsy.
    • #8 — Make Money at Flea Markets, Garage Sales, and More.

• David WoodDavid Wood subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member

Well, In my opinion buying and selling business of hotels and restaurants will increase in the future era. As the world is going rapidly towards the tourism and the number of tourists also increases on yearly basis the importance of restaurant will increase. You will see within few years it will be included in top ten industries all over the world.

• Bruce OxenfordBruce Oxenford subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2020

If I have to start or invest in a business then it will be on "Sharing economy" or "Rental marketplace platform". People love to buy goods and services online. So starting a online business like Uber platform, Airbnb, etc can be a good option.

There are lot of vendors out there providing % customizable rental marketplace scripts that you can purchase and modify to start your own business.

• Priya MalhotraPriya Malhotra subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
    edited June 2020

There are a lot of business opportunities out there. By sitting at the comforts of your home, you can start new business and start working from home. Affiliate marketing , blogging, arts and painting, digital creation, online tutoring, and yoga classes are some of the very good businesses to do at ease. Business opportunities for entrepreneurs and this is a list of very good business opportunities that I have come across. And these things are very interesting and common in the era of internet and computing. And everyone can try at least one of them.

• John G. AnaiJohn G. Anai subscriber Posts: 83 Silver Level Member
    • Disaster relief.
    • Alternative-protein food products. ...
    • eSports.
    • Influencer agents.
    • Beauty tech.
    • Women's reproductive health care. ...
    • Canned wine. The product inside hasn't changed, but the new packaging is gaining acceptance, especially among Millennials.
    • Elderly care. Businesses are finding.

• JohnGreenJohnGreen subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

Hey Guys,

I think errands and picking up supplies is huge right now. Of course, you need to find the supplies to ensure local delivery. Uber drivers and picking-up/delivering food is big. Prior to COVID and for the past 2 years I have helped people set-up online shopping clubs. I work with them over Zoom and help them shop. When the pandemic hit, I didn't have to wipe the slate clean and this is bigger now than ever.

Great thread!