WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ideas for Side Hustles?

13»

Comments

• laughslaughs subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

For a brief while, I tried my hand at teaching amateur runners the basics of running form and simple techniques to run with optimal form. The work was rewarding, but I had to stop on account of work and other obligations. Would like to take this up more seriously, but there are apps now that people are willing to pay for, so gotta see if this is feasible.

• Lee HLee H subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I recently met a couple that has introduced me and my wife to a "side hustle" that will helps us become financially independent in the next five years.It all begins with the mentoring and coaching which leads into building long term assets. We both still work full time but invest our "off" time to building our online business which is what we call our side hustle. Small investment that could result in a larger pay off with enough work and dedication. Its really all about who and what you surround yourself with on a daily basis. Not what ya know but who ya know. ;) The best side hustle is passive income. It only builds upwards.

Lee H.

• JohnGreenJohnGreen subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

Hello Ryan,

I am a Registered Nurse and Director. I am salaried and never make extra income regardless of my hours (Avg: 60/wk). I am passionate about reducing disease, illness while improving wellness. 2 Years ago I started my side hustle with has added additional monthly residual income. The best part is I simple enroll people into an Online, Wellness Shopping Club that offers people huge savings on high quality products, in addition to multiple benefits. This side-husstle allows people to have the high quality products that make their home safer such as 100% safe cleaning products that in the end save people money due to the concentrations, ect. I literally enroll people and earn when they shop month after month. The best part is the retention rate for custoemrs. My business volume is well over 97%. During COVID my income went up because my customers shopped more. I was busy in the hospital with operations and yet my income increased. My passion has allowed me to supplement when I can't on the job site. I have enrolled co-workers as well as many of my friedns, neighbors, and family. It's a great side hustle. Thanks for asking.

• hisscotchhisscotch subscriber Posts: 2 Member

What is the best side hustle to start from?

• Harsh DhoniHarsh Dhoni subscriber Posts: 7 Member

Sidehustles are great to earn some extra income. Owing to COVID pandemic, I got some valuable time off and used it effectively to start a Amazon dropshipping side hustle that is gaining some traction.

• hello53hello53 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

The best side hustle is blogging.

• mustardsaladscarfacemustardsaladscarface subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

I guess life taught me to always have a side hustle in motion parallel to my day job. Though it means exceeding the usual rule of the 40-hour workweek, having more than one source of income is a must nowadays IMO. Things go out of style without warning, and sudden regulation shifts can produce a ton of hurdles for your main gig overnight.

For those who enjoy writing and like to see their work published online, I advise working on their SEO skills. SEO it's a truly exciting universe, and there are perhaps too many YT channels and FB groups where you can find useful stuff. And by useful, I mean 'able to piggyback on.'

Other popular options for 2022-23 include online tutoring (often requires being bilingual or good at math but has low starting costs), creating and growing a YT channel (this is very expensive, both in terms of time and money - so not really a 'side hustle'), joining a local delivery service, making transcripts for various media platforms, etc.

This was my 2 cents on the matter :)