WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What is the Importance of Social Media for my Small Business

Comments

• Adam JonesAdam Jones subscriber Posts: 124 Silver Level Member
    In today’s market, harnessing the power of social media is a must if you want to grow your business and grow your brand. From my Instagram posts to my Twitter announcements, I have found that there is no end to the new opportunities that a carefully managed social media campaign can bring. With this in mind, any entrepreneur or aspiring entrepreneur who has yet to try out the power of social media needs to start working on creating a stronger online presence.

Through my experience, here are eight of the top tips that I have found can help any entrepreneur looking to expand their social media presence and their business.
    1. Be consistent.
    2. Use all social networks.
    3. Format content to optimize for each platform.
    4. Push on those networks that really work well.
    5. Make sure that your content aligns with your message.
    6. Some important content won't be popular, but you still need to post it.
    7. Find a balance between popularity and business.
    8. Use social media to amplify all of your business and marketing efforts.
  • startuperstartuper subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    > @ankit007 said:
    > I am a Regular user of Social Media Platforms like Facebook,Twitter and Google+. I am thinking to convert my offline Grocery Business into online Platform. I am looking for a Web Designer and Social Media Expert. I have few articles where I came to know,'Social Media is Playing very important Role for the Growth of the Business. Can anyone elaborate what Importance of Social Media and how to use it.

Hi There,
    In terms of product marketing or promotion, depending on the types of products sold, not all social media marketing channels will produce the same level of engagement and ROI. In fact it's very expensive to use social media when you are trying to market physical products that are easy to find in retail stores. Products that do well in social media are new and exciting products that generate sustainable virality. Those are few and far between. Your best bet would be to set up an online store and then use social media influencers to spread awareness about your store and products. This will generate backlinks, social sharing and help dirve organic rankings. You should also submit all of your products to shopping comparison engines to make your products visible in more product search engines like Amazon and Shopzilla. Once your products are in shopping comparisson sites, you then need to generate product reviews to move them up in the organic rankings on the platforms they are on.

Once all of your company assets are set up, you should start some social media contests and find ebassadors to participate in them. You can hire them directly from companies that help you find influencers or put up some ads on craigslist to find participants. Just google ebassador or brand ambassadors to find companies that engage influencers! Hope that helps.
  • Steffi DsouzaSteffi Dsouza subscriber Posts: 98 Silver Level Member
    Here are just a few reasons why social media is so important for small businesses:-
    1. To Increased brand recognition
    2. To Improved customer service
    3. To Lower traditional marketing costs
    4. To Boost your search engine rankings
  • Ulla OtterstålUlla Otterstål subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    It serves as a channel to your costumers.
  • ShreyaKoushikShreyaKoushik subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    Nowadays, social media has become one of the very effective platforms of brand promotion for any kind of business, small or big, every business use social media channels to build their reputation in the online world for business growth.
  • champelepchampelep subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    I saw many answers mentioning ways and ways to get your traffic and improve your business. But, I would guess that you are very new to social media in terms of marketing and business-based social sites.
    Here is my simple explanation that can be easily understand for the new-comer.
    1. Marketing in 2017 is about knowing where the "attention" is and redirect that attention to you to reach your objective(ex. increase sales).
    2. Social Media helps to to get to that attention faster and easier. It reduces the man-power from knocking door to door or put out offline tv ads into clicking through FB which is a lot cheaper and reach a lot more people. However, you need to make sure that those reached people are the right group that possibly will come and buy your stuff(location-based ad on no.3)
    3. Know where the attention is: try this run a Facebook ads, spend like 50 dollars on it and filtered it down to the location of your town. Run it, track your sales and you will be surprised.

This is the simplest way to explain to you. There are many angles to social media marketing. But just to let you see the clearer pictures. Try what I've mentioned.
  • BrotherJBrotherJ subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    If you're planning to have the younger generation/Gen Y in your target market, you're basically dead to them without social media. It is a must; especially if you want to stay relevant in the future.

Video marketing is also something to think about. Loswisz posted an interesting article about video marketing on the main page of the website if you want to go more in-depth about it.
  • gambitgambit subscriber Posts: 31 Bronze Level Member
    If you want to grow up your business and increase sales then you must require marketing.
    Nowdays Most of people use Social media networks sites like Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn, Google +,Youtube and many more..
    These social networking sites is the best platform for increase the sales and make brand of your company.
    These are the one of the best Social Media Marketing techniques for generate the traffic.
  • arjun123arjun123 subscriber Posts: 114 Silver Level Member
    Interacting with consumers on social media is an important marketing strategy for small businesses. Using social media helps you build brand awareness, increase your customer base, and connect with current customers. ... Eighty-two percent of survey participants worked in businesses with less than 100 employees.
  • AishleyAishley subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    edited September 2019

Definitely social media is now playing an important role in success of small business specially for online businesses. Social media marketing help businesses reach to different type of audience and engage them using various activities. Small businesses can use social media strategies to spread their brand awareness and increase the customer engagement. By using the correct strategies you can not only find the new prospects on social media but also can convert them in real customers.

• Kathy MartinKathy Martin subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Social media marketing is becoming more and more important as our culture changes and we now need 29 touches for people to actually buy from us. These touches can be face to face as well - but social media actually lets us get our brand out there to accomplish these 29.

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Using social media helps you build brand awareness, increase your customer base, and connect with current customers.

• iamKylieiamKylie subscriber Posts: 6 Member

Today we're living in a world that billions of people around the world is using the internet, desktop or laptop computer and mobile phone are the mediums even televisions now a days is connected to internet, So what is the connection of the internet and the social media? Well, today in order to connect to someone far away from us we use social media like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, etc. Now social media is evolving now they're engaging business. Social media is more about connection, so it helps new customer to find the business and stay connected.

• Kylie JennerKylie Jenner subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member

Social media is a powerful tool for businesses, primarily for brand awareness and reputation management. People on social media are already on discovery mode, so putting yourself out there is an easy way for people to find you. Of course, you have to choose the right platforms for your business for this strategy to be effective.

According to Social Media Today, Facebook has the best return on investment for social media marketing in general.

• SapnaSapna subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member

As everyone knows social media is the best place to promote a business or generating leads even for small businesses. Here are few points:

1) You can monitor your competitors activities.

2) Impacts on Organic Search Results also.

3) It is cost effective.

4) Help to engage the Audience.