WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to connect with Startups needing capital

HalagardHalagard subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I am the founder of startup working to build a capital market Small & Medium Business (SMBs) and Startups.  A capital market means selling equity / shares in their business for capital. We are creating an alternative to loans. Our goal is to allow small business and startups to fund just like big companies. 

My issue, investors want to see demand from SMBs & Startups to validate our market plans. We have a way to collect the demand data, but how do I reach SMB & Startup owners in mass across the USA to get their input?

Your thoughts on how to reach a few hundred SMB owners?

Tagged:

Comments

• Why-EyesWhy-Eyes subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member
    I would say find them on any social platform and try to get there attention. If you find any on twitter try to constantly react to there posts and message them or if you get them on face book try buying any products they may sell (It always catches my attention when someone buys from me) Social media is the easiest and quickest way to connect with a mass audience in seconds!
  • accofrancoaccofranco subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Maybe they should broaden their search.....its time investors in the US look outside the US for viable startups they can invest in. There are lots of startups outside US looking for capital funding, and investing in such businesses will be rewarding in few years to come because most of them are a highly promising venture that requires adequate funding to make it stand.

• Evolving MediaEvolving Media subscriber Posts: 8 Member
  • LifeRevivalUniverseLifeRevivalUniverse subscriber Posts: 76 Silver Level Member

Social media is the easiest and quickest way to connect with customers and partners. Try to follow their blogs, react to their posts and new products, then you will be ready to connect with them.

• jrahul25jrahul25 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

You can look into yellow pages or business listing sites. This website usually has a bunch of data from businesses and small business owners. Most of them are always looking for either investment, automation, or innovation that could boost their business.

Try to get a list of 100 hundred companies or small businesses. Create a plan to motivate them and get as much information as to fill the gap between investors and your company, that ultimately attract investors to give interest and time.

Another way, Go to gov business listing portal, where companies register. There you will get the list of companies in a specific segment filter out.

you can also look into websites where startups list themselves to get investors. Create a list from there by copying their data. Keep in mind, you must follow the law of land.

There are more than 10 ways to get the list of data. But still, we need humans to filter out correct data to go with.

Do the same as describe above. Or create your own path for success. Start with error and trial.

Improve in the next hundred lists. This way you will have reliable information.