WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

constructive criticism my business idea

ryduknrvryduknrv subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Hello,my name is Ruslan, can I receive constructive criticism from entrepreneurs about my potential business? The business is not IT or high technology, it is related to the production of protein from insects for pet food.  

I live in a village in Ukraine, there are no businessmen or people I can consult with this idea, the Internet gives such an opportunity. Especially in the USA, where the business is especially active, but I am not cool oriented in the groups and communities of US, therefore I asked for help, what disadvantages do you see in this business, do you have a “fresh look” from the side?

p.s I have average English, sorry if there are errors in the text

Comments

• Greg PeatfieldGreg Peatfield subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hi Ruslan,

I would look at the relative cost. Seems like you have a good idea, but for pet food, what is the current cost of the protein content. How will your product compare in price and availability?

• ryduknrvryduknrv subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2019

Hi Greg, thanks for question, I will try to give a brief answer, at the first stage my target audience is fish farms that use fishmeal and which are constantly growing (I'll give you a link below). Depending on the type of insects (i can use several of them in production) and the source of feeding, the price with the same indicators of protein will be at least 30% cheaper per tonne,but since on average there are 10-11 cycles of growing insects per year, the figure is not bad.

I have noticed several problems with existing companies in the world why, despite good financing, they are not very successful yet, one of the reasons is that they are looking for food for people, but it seems to me that people are mentally not ready to mass eat protein from insects, it’s better to feed them fish and other farms, on an industrial scale.

p.s the site does not allow to me a link to fish feed prices, you can google

• JohnnyCowboyJohnnyCowboy subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hello @ryduknrv,

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad to see that you're looking for constructive feedback from the audience...well done.

I remember when I started my very first business 7 years ago while living out of my car.

I was creating a mobile apps business and had no clue about business, software, raising capital and a whole host of things.

Over the last 7 years I've started over 25-30 businesses and most of them have failed.

Through those failures I've learned some very valuable principles and tactics that can be implemented in any business, because at the end of the day all businesses are more similar than you think.

And that was the aha moment for me.

So, with that, I've created a free PDF for any aspiring entrepreneur to have access to.

It goes over How to Start a Business With Limited Funding, Connections and Resources.

You can access this free PDF at www dot brokestrapped.com/fo

I hope it adds value to you and your business.

Cheers,

Johnny Cowboy

• RichardParkerRichardParker subscriber Posts: 59 Bronze Level Member

@ryduknrv

If there is a decrease in supply of goods and services while demand remains the same, prices tend to rise to a higher equilibrium price and a lower quantity of goods and services. ... However, when demand increases and supply remains the same, the higher demand leads to a higher equilibrium price and vice versa.

• HeavenGHeavenG subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

I like your idea! If everything goes good in the future, then you can create your own ecommerce online store

• ryduknrvryduknrv subscriber Posts: 3 Member

@HeavenG hi, thanks, I’m at the stage of calculations, but I’m planning to have a global network of organic waste processing plants

• RudyRudy subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

@ryduknrv

Hello I am from Indonesia.

I dont mean to be rude but I dont understand your post in 21 December 2019

" I have noticed several problems with existing companies in the world why, despite good financing, they are not very successful yet, one of the reasons is that they are looking for food for people, but it seems to me that people are mentally not ready to mass eat protein from insects, it’s better to feed them fish and other farms, on an industrial scale."

Because you then mentioned about: "planning to have a global network of organic waste processing plants".

Biomass is one of the ideas I have in my mind. In Indonesia the organic waste from wet traditional market is so much so that it is environmental problem nowadays.

Do you have website that I can ready what you are doing, please?

Keep up the good work ....