WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What is most important for ecommerce site?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

1. INCLUDE DETAILED, YET CONCISE PRODUCT INFORMATION

2. UTILIZE AN ADEQUATE ON-SITE SEARCH ENGINE

3. GIVE USERS AN EASY CHECKOUT PROCESS

4. USER-FRIENDLY NAVIGATION

5. SHOPPING CART DESIGN AND FEATURES

• Options
    HeavenGHeavenG subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    edited September 2019

I think it is a design!

While the quality of the products you sell is essential, it’s the design for your ecommerce website that ultimately tempts potential customers to purchase your products.

• Options
    Imran SayyadImran Sayyad subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

Most important things

1. Good product that really matters in people's life
    2. Reliable selling channel
    3. Good marketing team & strategy
    4. and effective command over order handling channel.

Do reply what you think ?

• Options
    Kylie JennerKylie Jenner subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member

The Most Important Ecommerce Features Include:

A user-friendly menu;

Advanced search function and filtering;

Call-to-action buttons;

Popups;

Product catalog;

Product page.

Live chat

• Options
    likeshigh12likeshigh12 subscriber Posts: 86 Silver Level Member

If you spent more time on your e=commerce site then this will improve your site. You can increase the exposure of your site through social media.

• Options
    JanePamJanePam subscriber Posts: 2 Member

many e-commerce sites have bad functionality. and it's the worst! i faced sites, where i couldn't add products to the card or price for products, which were irrelevant. once i worked with an e-commerce site that logged out every time when i choose another category! it's very irritative. 

and what it's funny that sites had a great and clean design! so i think a functionality and smooth user journey are a must for e-commerce. functionality and usability problems are easy to solve by testing.

• Options
    seorchseorch subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I would say selling products that people want to buy is the most important part of ecommerce.

Make sure your titles and descriptions are as descriptive as possible. People search for all kinds of products and some with particular colours or sizes so make sure you list them.

Make sure you have clear images from different angles and showing all the colour variants.

• Options
    IvanHarrisIvanHarris subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

Two of the most important are how the site is marketed and how it is designed. There are certain features that can help make an ecommerce website more user-friendly to customers and easy to manage from the perspective of the owners.

• Options
    SmithJohnesSmithJohnes subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    edited April 2021

Having your own website is an important piece of your ecommerce strategy. It is a great way for you to grow your brand, acquire loyal customers, gain new insights, and get creative with your marketing.

The Essential eCommerce Features Your Website Needs Include:

Content management capabilities.

Promotion and discount code tools.

An easy-to-use checkout.

Search engine optimized code and layout.

Reporting tools and custom report features.

An integrated blog or articles section.

Email marketing features or integration.

The success of ecommerce depends on the features of e-commerce app. The owners have to make sure the app attracts users and also be good enough to retain them.

• Options
    kanikabugraptorskanikabugraptors subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

There are two most significant factors that can define the success of your eCommerce site. These include: 

1. Your website 
    2. The branding strategy 

Initially, you need to focus on your website for delivering the right content in the right way to the users. From navigation to payments everything must be super smooth.  

Next thing you need to aim is branding. This can be running ads or sharing your content through guest posts. It will help you have all the essential exposure you need.  

• Options
    nova johnsonnova johnson subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    edited May 2022

Some Importance Things for an Ecommerce Website are

1. Responsive design
    2. Helpful navigation
    3. High-quality content
    4. Clear calls-to-action
    5. Contact information
    6. Picture quality
  • Options
    Riley74Riley74 subscriber Posts: 49 Bronze Level Member

It's good to convey customer main ponts about items such as – size, material, technical detail etc. Many sites choose to highlight key selling points prominently with more detailed information presented further down the page.