WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Sales support for start ups

S McGS McG subscriber Posts: 1 Member
I am looking to start a new consulting business combining two of my passions: sales and start ups. I've worked in sales for a number of years and want to be able to help growing businesses get off the ground and build a culture of sales. Is this a service many in the Startup Nation community would find valuable? If so where would you look to get this kind of support? I look forward to the conversation!
Tagged:

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    What I think it would be helpful and valuable for customers would be a consulting service that prepares clients for the entire sales funnel, from the awareness stage all the way through the purchase stage and retention stage. I would also want a consulting service that understands the importance of inbound marketing and content marketing tactics, and doesn't neglect that aspect of attracting customers and keeping them on the correct path for purchasing and retention.  

For me, I don't just want to be told how to do something, I want to be shown with real world examples. There's a big difference between words and actions. So if I were a prospective client, and you were able to prove to me your methods work, then I would find it valuable and pay for your services. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • contentcouplecontentcouple subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    If I was looking for such service, you could have my attention by offering free practical knowledge first. You could show some expertise, build trust and then offer your help.
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    If consulting is your strength, then just do it. Many people come out with the most craziest ideas and started their business. Thus, you can't really find a 'unique' market that solely belongs to you. 

However, what differentiate between you and them is the quality of your service. You need to show them result after buying your service. Alternatively, you may consider giving money back guarantee to backup your quality.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• MayuraMayura subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hi,

I started my IT and Software development company start up and I see your core strength is valuable to me in pitching our services, generating more business.

It also would be more great if we can partner each other. If interested we can have discussion further ( Skype id : Mayuraconsultancyservices)

By the way, you can have look at our website to know more about us, services we offer and ready made software products we have ( www.mayuraconsultancy.com )

Looking forward to hear from you soon

• Cory MonroeCory Monroe subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

Consultation business is not so straightforward to carry. Your recommendation must be helpful to the people. Well, good luck, go for it.