WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Social Media Strategies

AbeAbe subscriber Posts: 7 Member
I thought we can have an open discusstion about social media and ways it has changed the way we sometimes do marketing and advertising. I will start the topic off but not try to make it into a complete "How To" post, lol, but please do forgive me if I make this more extensive then I initual plan to. ^_^

One of the things I find interesting about social media and the things it now allows us to do is target our audience not just by using specific tactics (i.e using cute puppy pics to attract females between the average ages of 14 to 34 or using sport quotes to attract males between 24 to 45.) but by using specific social sites. For a few examples MySpace, ReverbNation is parfect for music oriented businesses while Etsy is perfect for artsy/handcrafted oriented businesses. Even whither your business has what I call a "hangout" factor can decide if something like FourSquare, with it's check-in feature, will have a large enough impact on your businesses growth, or customer retention, to pursue it.

Well, if anyone else finds interest in how the growth of social media has changed the business world for better or worse. ^_^

Comments

• ProductHQProductHQ subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Abe, I agree that social media has become a pillar for marketing today and needs to be part of any digital marketing strategy. Beyond that each location really does call a different audience and within that specific section, you need to have a message for the audience. For example, my platform is for product managers so using a tool like LinkedIn for marketing would make more sense than Facebook since it is a business platform but still I need to keep a presence in all of the places like Facebook and Twitter to keep active and get what I can.

I think the key is to do a little bit of all of the sites and the difference is really where you choose to spend money on paid ads on those sites really goes into where your audience is located.
  • AbeAbe subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    ProductHQ said:
    Hi Abe, I agree that social media has become a pillar for marketing today and needs to be part of any digital marketing strategy. Beyond that each location really does call a different audience and within that specific section, you need to have a message for the audience. For example, my platform is for product managers so using a tool like LinkedIn for marketing would make more sense than Facebook since it is a business platform but still I need to keep a presence in all of the places like Facebook and Twitter to keep active and get what I can.

I think the key is to do a little bit of all of the sites and the difference is really where you choose to spend money on paid ads on those sites really goes into where your audience is located.
    I disagree with using "a little bit of all of the sites" as an effective method to reach your target audience, let alone "the key". Social sites are becoming more and more fine tuned to reach specific people, even Facebook and YouTube are now honing in on their main audience. In the end, it's similar to going to a dairy farm for beef ribs. You might get them, one day, to offer up a cow or two but you're going to have to put more time and effort into it then you get out of it in return.

I noticed you stated LinkIn and Facebook as two places you can go for business and you stated LinkIn was more relateable to your market but, while I agree with that, relatability is only one aspect to account for. Facebook communities (e.g groups, developer forums, etc.) would likely yield you more results since LinkIn is more about looking for a person who's resume matches your needs then it is to find products while Facebook business communities are focused more on finding services, be it people or programs, to yield better results that they currently are. With that said, I do want to say that most services/sites can be useful to a business in some way, depending on the business, even if it's not in the most obvious of ways. ^_^
  • safepackltdsafepackltd subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Abe said:
    I thought we can have an open discusstion about social media and ways it has changed the way we sometimes do marketing and advertising. I will start the topic off but not try to make it into a complete "How To" post, lol, but please do forgive me if I make this more extensive then I initual plan to. ^_^

One of the things I find interesting about social media and the things it now allows us to do is target our audience not just by using specific tactics (i.e using cute puppy pics to attract females between the average ages of 14 to 34 or using sport quotes to attract males between 24 to 45.) but by using specific social sites. For a few examples MySpace, ReverbNation is parfect for music oriented businesses while Etsy is perfect for artsy/handcrafted oriented businesses. Even whither your business has what I call a "hangout" factor can decide if something like FourSquare, with it's check-in feature, will have a large enough impact on your businesses growth, or customer retention, to pursue it.

Well, if anyone else finds interest in how the growth of social media has changed the business world for better or worse. ^_^
    please suggest Social media strategy for B2B Packaging business 
  • ilochkailochka subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member

I think there are already too many of them with social networks. This is when it just appeared was interesting. Now they strain me.
  • AishleyAishley subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    edited August 2019

Social media has vast reach to different types of audience and that's why businesses can reach them using multiple social media strategies that help increase customer engagement and growth of the business. As per the target audience, you can choose the social media channel and make your strategy accordingly.

• Dot Com InfowayDot Com Infoway subscriber Posts: 7 Member

A social media marketing strategy will help your brand tackle its goals with a sense of purpose. 

Here are some key steps which help in increasing your business online presence via social media,

1. Research your audience

2. Create and curate engaging content for your audience

3. Make timeliness a top priority

4. Assess your results and optimize

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Social media is an essential piece of your business marketing strategy. Social platforms help you connect with your customers, increase awareness about your brand, and boost your leads and sales. With more than three billion people around the world using social media every month, it's no passing trend.

How to create a social media strategy

• Set S.M.A.R.T. goals.
    • Track meaningful metrics.
    • Create audience personas.
    • Gather real-world data.
    • Conduct a competitive analysis.
    • Engage in social listening.
    • Examine your current efforts.
    • Look for impostor accounts.

• Shahadat HussainShahadat Hussain subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member

8 Step Social Media Marketing Strategy for Businesses in 2019/20

1. Set Relevant and Realistic Social Media Marketing Goals
    2. Understand Your Social Media Audience
    3. Determine Your Most Relevant Metrics
    4. Investigate How Your Competitors Approach Social Media
    5. Create Suitable Content to Share with Your Followers
    6. Engage With Your Audience
    7. Establish the Best Times to Post and Set up a Content Calendar
    8. Track Your Results and Adapt

Source: influencermarketinghub

• Priya MalhotraPriya Malhotra subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
    edited December 2019

Without social media, there is no marketing. Because through social media only people tend to communicate with the site that attracts them or what offers the things/products they want. If that criteria of target audience is met then you can easily run a successful business through social media. Because people scroll their news feed and follows the pages they like and buy the products that attracts them. However, their are a lot more than what it seems like. You need to come up with a great social media strategy only then you can survive in the business. Besides that, google ranking your page is very important as people tend to search through google the things that they need/ want urgently. And through social media people just order the things that they feel attractive or usable. That's the main difference.

• Turner BellTurner Bell subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member

@Priya Malhotra I agree with your thought that without social media, marketing is worthless at present, in this digital era. It's obvious that every firm and business persona have distinct strategies from each other, nevertheless, the highest engagement ratio can let firm raise high and get greater ROI.

• AmbingAmbing subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I partly agree and partly I believe that social media today is getting worst than before. It's difficult to grow page/post organic reach and engagement because of Facebook wants you to run an ads. And you see, almost everyone, are doing the same thing and almost everywhere, let alone the tough competition and users behavior. It seems all social media marketing strategies and gimmicks whether paid or organic doesn't make any difference.

• linasmithlinasmith subscriber Posts: 7 Member

Social media makes your business powerful. without social media you cannot brings proper traffic to your business. In today's time millions of potential customers are connected to social media, so it can prove to be very beneficial for your business.