WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

5 Game Changing Networking Tips for Entrepreneurs [Video]

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image5 Game Changing Networking Tips for Entrepreneurs [Video]

If you wish you could master the skill of networking, check out these five tips for becoming a superstar networker at the next afterwork event you attend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kelliprincekelliprince subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I think one of the biggest takeaways from this video, and most comforting, is that networking is a bit of an awkward dance for everyone. Regardless of professional experience, the ins and outs of networking leaves many people with questions and in need of reassurance. Kate Volman’s five networking tips are fantastic for entrepreneurs, but also serve useful to someone like myself who is looking to create an advice blog catered towards young emerging professionals.  A large aspect of my business plan is going to be contacting industry professionals to either write columns for the blog, be interviewed, or participate in quarterly networking events. In order to obtain these contacts, meaningful and genuine connections will need to be made with professionals across different industries. Kate really emphasizes the importance of having a great deal of confidence in oneself in these interactions and repeatedly mentions the importance of following up new connections. I think these tips will be vital in growing the network needed to position my blog as a credible resource for young people to seek out when in need of professional advice.

• annzanannzan subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Networking can indeed be gawky, using people for your own benefit. However, everyone does it and by creating a larger network yourself, you become a bigger asset for others. When people do not reply a first time, it might have nothing to do with you, they might have been busy or missed your message. For my venture I really want to make sure I keep following up. That way other people can see I am truly interested.

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us, it is a really helpful article!