WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I gain traffic for my website?

Hintonkinton789Hintonkinton789 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I'm new to business world and trying to get my website off the ground.The website I made is for people who want to get into animating and digital arts. What methods helped you guy gain traffic online?

Comments

• KalenamKalenam subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

I mostly use AdWords and social media to get traffic. And I think that those will be suitable for your business.

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

5 easy ways to increase website traffic(Free):

1. Optimize your website

You first need to make sure your website content is optimized. Otherwise, the traffic will be fleeting and only temporary.

2. Use social media

Once your website is prepared for more traffic, you must start driving traffic to it!

3. Do content outreach and guest posting

Social media is one part of the puzzle. You must also get your content in front of new audiences. 

4. Create a system that allows you to get recurring traffic

Over-reliance on search engines or social media for traffic can backfire. Sites lose entire search rankings, and consequently traffic, overnight. Social media algorithms change, too. With the right system, however, you are in control of your traffic and can command it at will.

5. Repackage and re-purpose your content

A single piece of content can be re-purposed into a dozen different pieces, and distributed to a dozen different channels, instantly increasing your reach by 12 times. 

• Aditi RaoAditi Rao subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

Traffic of your website helps to improve your rank. Website traffic is the measurable factor that decide whether your business is growing or not. There are many ways to drive traffic on your site.

• Advertisement is the best way to get traffic. Find out the sites of your niche marketing and run your ads there. Social media advertisements are also beneficial in this way.
    • Promote your website or content through social media. Post some relevant content and try to engage your fans or followers with this.
    • Optimize your site for SEO. SEO is the way to get organic traffic for your website. There are some factors that are responsible to drive traffic.
    • Start your own blog or guest posting.
    • keep an eye out for opportunities for internal links.
  • Alex JamesAlex James subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

There are many ways you can increase traffic on your website,

On-Page SEO

Target Long-Tail Keywords

Start Guest Blogging

Post Content to LinkedIn

Implement Schema Micro-data

Inter linking

Make Sure Your Site is Responsive & fast

Get Active on Social Media

• Zeal MediaZeal Media subscriber Posts: 1 Member

It really depends on the business. I recommend a decent website with professional SEO by an experienced company with proven results. Alternatively, there are things that you can do to rank higher on your own.

Here are 7 quick ideas that you can do...

1. Create a Google My Business Listing (approx 15-30 mins)
    2. Claim Existing Business Listings (approx 15-30 mins/each)
    3. Further Link Building (approx 30-50 mins)
    4. Give Out Directions and Local Phone Numbers (approx 10-15 mins)
    5. Solicit Customer Reviews (approx 30-50 mins)
    6. Answer People’s Questions (approx 30-50 mins)
    7. Improve Public Relations Online(approx 30-50 mins)
  • Shahadat HussainShahadat Hussain subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member

To generate traffic to your website you can follow those this:

1. Content is the king. So you have to write a good content. Try to find that topic which user want to know. Check the the search volume of the keyword. If there is no search volume of the keyword then you don't get so much traffic on your website.
    2. Optimize your content very well
    3. Then try to promote your content on different social media platform.
    4. Then you can do SEO for your website

• ewebereweber subscriber Posts: 3 Member

All of these were great answers. You could also create display ads that show on websites of the digital arts field. The display ads are the cheapest of all the ad types. Also re-target to those viewers who showed interest in your offers from the first visit. Collecting emails from interested viewers and re-targeting to those viewers is the most effective and cheapest advertising method.

• silenttimmysilenttimmy subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I have found SEO to be a big help in terms of website traffic. Simply picking out the correct keywords and mentioning them in your website can help with SERP.

• TravelSchoolTravelSchool subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    edited January 2020

Hi there :) My name is Emilian and I would love to help you with some tips.

Before you start running traffic make sure you understand the game of traffic.

There are 3 types of traffic and therefore 3 levels of traffic.

Let's break down the levels:

Level 1: Fast results.

- Influencer Media

- 24hour Traffic

- Social Media

- Display Media

- PPC

Level 2: Strategic Scale

- CPA TRAFFIC MEDIA

Level 3: Domination

- Retargeting

- Ultimate Traffic Media

Let's go through "The 3x Types of Traffic"

‘Traffic You Control’: This is the traffic you pay for through ads on Instagram, Facebook, Google and so on.

‘Traffic You Don’t Control’: This is the traffic that comes from Blogs, Social Media when someone mentioned or shared your link with others. It's free traffic but you have no control over it.

‘Traffic You Own’: This is your mail list. All the emails you have collected along the way via lead magnet, subscribers, followers etc.

If you are just advertising, paying for traffic and not collecting emails you will never actually own your traffic.

Paid traffic might be profitable in the beginning but in the long run, it will cost you a lot of money. The traffic you own becomes your long term solution:

• You can have a mail list that you can send promotions and sell your services and products
    • You can use this mail list to acquire a lookalike audience on Facebook
    • You can re-target to the people you already marketed to
    • Once you own the traffic, it's free for you to advertise to them

A lead magnet is an easy way to collect emails so you can convert ANY traffic into the traffic you own.

Simple concept, but super powerful! Any questions? I can teach you how to get unlimited traffic. I am willing to schedule a meeting with you to give you some ideas :)

Hope you got value :)

~ Emilian

• RichardParkerRichardParker subscriber Posts: 59 Bronze Level Member

Listed in Online Directories.

Build Backlinks.

Post to Social Media.

Include Hashtags in Your Posts.

Use Landing Pages.

Target Long-Tail Keywords.

Start Email Marketing.

Guest Blog.

• KacperKacper subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I'm sure that if you just started you don't need most of the things everyone mentioned here. The only thing you need is to pick a social media platform and learn how to get to your target audience through there. No need to spend a single buck to get great results. Let's pick Instagram - just knowing how to search for a hashtag your audience is interested in opens you up to tons of potential customers.

• Taylor JacksonTaylor Jackson subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member

To bring more traffic to your website you’ll want to start with a simple strategy and build it over time.

Paid Traffic:- Paid traffic is always costly in comparison to organic traffic.

Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads

Organic Traffic:- Organic traffic is completely different/opposite from paid traffic. In this, you can get limitless traffic for a long time without spending.

SEO:- SEO (search engine optimization) is one of the most popular and effective sources for generating organic traffic. 

• Lewis-HLewis-H subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

Get Listed in Online Directories.

Build Backlinks.

Post to Social Media.

Include Hashtags in Your Posts.

Use Landing Pages.

Target Long-Tail Keywords.

Start Email Marketing.

Guest Blog.

This things will definitely help you to grow your traffic.

• Kritagya PandeyKritagya Pandey subscriber Posts: 6 Member

Blogs are a great piece of content to reach a wider audience. It may seem more robust to rank a brand new blog. But, by following a few consistent steps, you can get your blog in the top ranking list.

1. Advertise and market your content.
    2. Get social and promote your blogs on various social media like Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and so on.
    3. Write an eye-catchy and attractive title for your blogs.
    4. Guest Post on sites with good Domain Authority(DA).
    5. Invite bloggers to write for your website.
    6. Target long-tail keywords and follow Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI).

• OTCommerceOTCommerce subscriber Posts: 6 Member

You need to optimize the site for your target audience. And also you can create groups in social networks for people with such interests.