WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How To Plan Your Rest Days From The Gym

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

How To Plan Your Rest Days From The Gym

Ensure proper recovery in between exercises by strategically planning your rest days in advance

Hello everyone happy Friday and I hope you all had a great week and are planning for the weekend. Today's topic is an interesting one. It's about how to make the most of your rest days away from the gym. Taking a break from exercising is very important for your health.

I know you want to be healthier and more fit, however it takes time so don't rush it. The last thing you want to do is end up getting injured. Now let's talk about some ideas on how you can plan your rest days.

Write down exactly what you're going to do on your rest days

In order to save yourself time write down what activities you're are going to be doing on your days off from the gym. It's best to set aside time to do this at the beginning of the week so you don't have to worry about it. Think about anything you want to do on your days off. Research shows when you write something down you're much more likely to do it. It is also a good way to find what other hobbies interests you besides working out.

In the past I would never write anything down. I would just wait until my days off to decide to do something. Usually I didn't do anything exciting and I just stayed home working on my business all day. Try to have a few well planned ideas of activities you want to do a few days in advance. A few ideas you can write down can involve hanging out with friends, watching that new movie you wanted to see, or getting a massage.

I'm going to talk about finding another hobby you can enjoy besides fitness, it's good to try different things to see what you like best. Going for a walk to get things off your mind is a good thing to do on rest days. Walking clears your mind, lowers stress, and it allows to connect with nature. A 40-60 minute walk in the park may be the thing you need when it comes to relaxing and being present. It is also proven to be good for your recovery in between workout sessions.

Find another hobby that interests you

Take the time to find out your other interests. If you're a fan of sports consider going to a game with your friends to support your favorite team. Consider signing up for a recreational sports league in your area if you are the more active type. This is a great opportunity to meet new people doing something you enjoy. Just make sure you don't push yourself too hard if you're playing demanding sports like basketball or flag football.

A good thing to do after a game is to get a massage. Massages are very relaxing, help lower your stress levels, and speed up the recovery process. I also forgot to mention a massage therapist can get rid of those knots in your body due to stress. Consider taking a cooking class if you want to learn how to make new recipes. You can find classes to take online and they're very affordable.

Maybe you are tired of eating out or cooking the same old foods all the time. By taking a class in cooking you are able to learn from experienced professionals and create new recipes. Cooking new dishes doesn't have to be complicated either. When I cook I like to make meals that are simple and easy to make.

If it involves a lot of steps I'm not going to make it. The beauty of finding a new hobby is you get to try something different and may actually find something you enjoy. If you don't currently have any hobbies you might be interested in get involved in many different things. Over time you will find something you enjoy and then you can add it to your list of activities to do on your rest days.

Just stay home and relax

While I encourage you to go outside on your rest days, it's very important to listen to your body. If you are completely exhausted the day after you workout it is best to just stay home and relax. This doesn't mean watching TV and sleeping all day either. Once you get finished working on your business there are plenty of others things you can do. Meditate in order to calm your mind by learning how to be in the present moment.

For more information on the benefits of meditation you can go here. Listen to some podcasts on a particular subject that you would like to know more about. There are plenty of them on the internet. I'm sure you will find something that catches your eye.

A few good example of podcasts are The Tim Ferris Show (business), Ben Green Field (health, nutrition,dieting), and The Food Programme (cooking,food). The beauty is most of these podcasts are free to listen to. When I stay home I enjoy reading books in order to expand my knowledge on a new subject. There is just something about sitting down and reading a book. You can read for hours if a book is interesting to read.

Conclusion

These are my tips when it comes to finding activities to do on your rest days. I hope you enjoyed reading this article and got something out of it. Remember this quote when you're doing a fun activity "Enjoyment is not a goal, it is a feeling that accompanies important ongoing activity." Paul Goodman.

You can always refer to this article if you need a refresher. Let me know how this article has impacted you and leave a comment below. Feel free to join my community(The Jawann Fitness Exercise & Health Community on Facebook) if you want even more tips and also checkout my page on Facebook Jawann Fitness for motivational posts, articles and videos.

Want to learn more awesome tips like this? Sign up to my newsletter here http://bit.ly/2E28znK and I’ll teach you how to boost your performance in order to better excel in your business.

If you're interested in boosting your productivity go here to read my free ebook.

Social Media

Facebook: Andre Brown

Facebook Page: Jawann Fitness

LinkedIn: Andre Brown

Instagram: Andreissuave

Facebook Community: The Jawann Fitness Community

WordPress:https://jawann1991.wordpress.com

Medium: https://medium.com/@andrebrown

Comments