WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is the outsourcing model successful in 2019?

denise hiltondenise hilton subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
Isn't outsourcing become outdated? I've heard people are finding less success than before for freelance outsourcing. If that's correct then what's the safest approach to pursue it?

Comments

• KRoksolKRoksol subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    I think it all depends on the business strategy. Outsourcing is a very practice service, but hard to choose the right company. Companies use outsourcing to cut labor costs, including salaries for personnel, overhead, equipment, and technology. Outsourcing is also used by companies to dial down and focus on the core aspects of the business, spinning off the less critical operations to outside organizations.
  • Turner BellTurner Bell subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member

I think it's up to firm whether to outsource or not because outsourcing has its advantages. They will never going to change. Who can accommodate the outsourcing they will approach surely. Best benefit is cost reduction. So, small business prefer this more.

• MarkManMarkMan subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Well, outsourcing is quite profitable for IT companies. No doubts, lots of advantages of outsoursed development team: from reasonable price to well-established processes of outsoursing company. I've had recently experience cooperating with IT guys from itmaster-soft developing a healthcare software for Israel company. It was really beneficial for both of sides

• Olga_issartOlga_issart subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2019

Companies continue to outsource processes. If it is possible to find a company with solid expertise to handle the work that in house team cannot handle, why not get advantage of it?

However, the competition among outsourcing providers is fierce today, and the development cost is not the only factor that matters. What is important is the ability of a provider to dive deep into a Client's business and to find the most optimal solution that will match a Client's business goals to the fullest.

• KalenamKalenam subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member

Outsourcing definitely is a trend and I think that it's a good trend. It brings benefits to everyone.

• GorroGorro subscriber Posts: 7 Member

location-independent work will always be relevant

• himapujarahimapujara subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Outsourcing is in trend. More & more companies across the globe are choosing the outsourcing strategy. There are several reasons behind it, but cost-cutting is the prime reason. The other benefits of outsourcing are that it allows you to:

• Access to a wide talent pool of experts
    • Focus on core business activities
    • Flexibility to hire staff
    • Offer round the clock service

Here are the statistics, Why Companies Outsource?

• 59% of companies outsource to reduce or control cost
    • 57% do it to focus on business objectives
    • 47% to solve capacity issues
    • 31% to improve service quality
    • 28% to take help from talented professionals
    • 17% of their business environment

Outsourcing has been practiced for decades, but this technological era has allowed it to bloom and become bigger than ever. Ensure success by choosing the right Offshore Development Team like Your Team In India by :

Set Definite Deadlines

Easy Team Communication

Embracing The partnership

Hope this will help!!

• @Nikhil@Nikhil subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Companies can benefit hugely by outsourcing. Outsourcing is one of the most effective ways to remain competitive in today's business environment and many small firms are not fully aware of the extent to which big players have benefited by outsourcing. However to be successful in outsourcing its important that you partner with someone who has a lot of experience and a track record of accomplishments. Outsourcing is more effective when you have long term contracts. The reason why short term outsourcing projects fail is because the resources move to another project once your project ends and if you need the same person again they may not be available. I run an outsourcing start up and will be happy to answer any questions people have on this topic.