WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Your thoughts on crowdfunding?

2»

Comments

• GordonGordon subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    Crowdfunding is a method of raising capital through the collective effort of friends, family, customers, and individual investors. This approach taps into the collective efforts of a large pool of individuals—primarily online via social media and crowdfunding platforms—and leverages their networks for greater reach and exposure.Crowdfunding is essentially the opposite of the mainstream approach to business finance. Traditionally, if you want to raise capital to start a business or launch a new product, you would need to pack up your business plan, market research, and prototypes, and then shop your idea around to a limited pool or wealthy individuals or institutions. These funding sources included banks, angel investors, and venture capital firms, really limiting your options to a few key players. You can think of this fundraising approach as a funnel, with you and your pitch at the wide end and your audience of investors at the closed end. Fail to point that funnel at the right investor or firm at the right time, and that’s your time and money lost.

To your question
    It's a good initiative to do something rather than just stay put and waste time.
  • Helen LarsenHelen Larsen subscriber Posts: 58 Bronze Level Member
    My strong opinion that success of all startups lays in idea and your efforts. 
    Crowdfunding is just a method (one of the good methods btw) of starting your own business.
    It has so many types: equity, rewards-based, donation-based crowdfunding, market-place landing. So everybody can choose what is better for his situation. 
    With the right platform, you can tell your business’s story, produce a quick video, set up some enticing rewards, and benefit from having everything in one centralized location where potential backers can find you.
    The people that power your idea’s social proof can become your early adopters and potential brand advocates.
    So it can be a very good push for your future conglomerate ;)
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people, typically via the internet. 
  • KosukeKosuke subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hi, everyone

I'm trying to raise fund through a crowdfunding.

It's the first time for me to try it. (If you're interested in it, please take a look at my profile, there is a link to a campaign page)

I realized that I have to do a lot of work even by using it.

Before starting a fundraising, I thought that once I posted the campaign page, it would be displayed in a page of the crowdfunding, and donation would be collected automatically to some extent.

But, actually, I need to share the campaign page through SNS and let many people know it.

A few months are still left by the due date of the campaign, so I'll wait and see the progress.

But, so far, I'm thinking that it might be faster to implement web sites and mobile apps by myself and our team members' hand.