WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How Exercise Can Help You Build New Relationships

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Hello everyone happy Wednesday, I hope you are all having a good week so far. Today I'm going to talk about a great way for you to meet other people. One of the main issues that an entrepreneur faces is a lack of support in their business endeavors. When it comes to succeeding as a business owner, you need the support of other people in your corner. It is very hard for you to do this all by yourself and only relying on willpower.

When a group of people are in your corner giving you support you will be able to get through hard times in business. This will also prevent you from making critical mistakes that can ruin your business. The first is to join a fitness or exercise class. Whether that is zumba, boxing or crossfit find an activity that you will enjoy. This will make it easier for you to stick with it in the long run.

Since you and everyone else in the class already shares a common interest it is easy to start a conversation. If you are nervous ask someone what made them join the class and you can start talking from there. Try to make it feel natural when you are talking to the person and not forced. Another tip that you can use that is very effective is to see what they are wearing. For example if someone is a fan of Clemson you can ask him who his favorite player is.

Another example if you see a lady with a Lady Gaga shirt on you can ask her what her favorite song by Lady gaga is. You can be very creative this way and spark a person's interest by paying attention to the small details. Depending on the activity you will be physically exerting yourself so you can push one another to complete the exercise. The support system will help you connect with other people and build new relationships. If you are into sports consider joining a sports league in your area.

They can be very fun with the added benefit of meeting lots of new people. The leagues can vary from being recreational which is all about having fun to competitive where prizes are awarded to the winning team. Signing up is a very fun way to mingle with others if you have the time to do so. You get to enjoy playing a sport you love and this is a much needed break from your stressful day as an entrepreneur. When it comes to sports there is a sense of camaraderie with the team since everyone wants to win and do their best. This is a easy way for you to find new friends to hangout with or you may even find a potential client by participating in the league.

If you enjoy running think about signing up for marathon or 5K. These are very challenging if you are the type that likes to compete and wants something to train for. For a person that just wants to run for recreation there are groups you can join as well. Just be open to trying new things so you can expand your horizon. If you are not sure where to start try out different activities until you find one that suits you the most.

These examples are good ways to build new relationships by incorporating exercising into your regimen. You don't have to do an activity everyday if you don't feel like it, this is especially true if you are lifting weights for something like crossfit. In that case give your body at least a day to recover in between sessions so you don't get injured. Who knows you might find that business partner that you have been looking for at a pick-up basketball game! The possibilities are endless just remember that you are doing this to connect with others not to try to sell to people right then.

Let it happen naturally because if someone is interested in what you do he or she will ask you a question about it. When you start exercising with a supportive group of individuals something amazing happens. There is a positive feedback loop that everyone involved experiences and this gives everyone more confidence to do better.

This translates into your business by giving you more drive to achieve the goals that you want to accomplish. Another benefit is after you finished your activity you will be in a positive state. Your mind will be recharged and you will be able to come up with new ideas. I want you to use this phrase for motivation "It's amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn't matter who gets the credit." I hope that you enjoyed this article and got something out of it that you can start using today.

Let me know how this article has impacted you and leave a comment below. Feel free to join my community(The Jawann Fitness Exercise & Health Community on Facebook) if you want even more tips and also checkout my page on Facebook Jawann Fitness for motivational posts, articles and videos.

Comments