WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

One more shot??

Cotswold39Cotswold39 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hi Startup community,

I have a 'young' cleaning business (approx 2 years). Things have been going quite well but it's hard on your own, as many of you will know. We won a 3-year contract, we got a few calls and because of a bereavement, I decided not to actively market it and just deal with the one contract. Just recently, I've completely lost my mojo and not sure if I believe in it any more. I've been seeking part-time jobs (unrelated to the business). It's such a shame as it could have been good and running my own business is what I really love but the constant feeling of being the kicking stick and money worries is starting to get the better of me. I guess my question is: have any of you felt the same? What did you do?

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin

Hi @Cotswold39:

This is an interesting dilemma. And I think it's something most business owners feel at one point or another. If you're not passionate about running your business and it starts to become a chore, then is it worth it?

I have not had this experience personally, but I can say with certainty that it is a decision that only you can make. Weigh the pros and cons of both scenarios and ultimately decide which will bring you the most joy in life. It's a simple concept, but not so easy in practice.

Maybe you set a deadline. Continue working on your business for a finite amount of time. At the end of that period, assess the situation and then decide if this is something that A. you want to continue building, B. Will be profitable and C. bring you happiness.

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • okuoku subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member

Obstacles are only there to turn the apathetic away. How bad do you want it?