WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Increasing Traffic to Website

LumbiLumbi subscriber Posts: 1 Member
I started an online website selling African Shirts, but still haven't made any sales. How can I increase traffic to my online website?

Comments

• Em.reedEm.reed subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    You can always pay for online advertising services. You could also try some social media marketing. Create a Facebook and Instagram profile for your business and post about your shirts. Make sure to include a link to your website in your posts and your bio. You can also pay for advertising on Facebook and Instagram, but that can get pricey. Work on getting lots of followers by offering giveaways for people who tag their friends, and by posting often enough (but not too much). 
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    As a marketer, I can honestly tell you to make social media you’re new best friend reach out to your audience regularly post pictures of your products and do influencer marketing, offer discounts, etc.
    Most importantly do brand awareness educate your customers why they need to buy from you what do you have what other brands don’t. Offer your customers support and interact with them to engage them with your brand.

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • Mike95Mike95 subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    Use social media, especially Instagram and Facebook. If you've marketing budget try paid ads but I will recommend doing the same by a social media marketing consultant. Also, explore the opportunities in both mediums, ex: you can post the photos in Instagram and Facebook stories, else do a Facebook live etc. 
  • KellieHKellieH subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Use SEO techniques like video sharing, audio sharing to increase the traffic.
  • lancelance subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Lumbi said:
    I started an online website selling African Shirts, but still haven't made any sales. How can I increase traffic to my online website?
    Which websites are you currently doing outreach to draw potential buyers to your website ?
  • patrickmpatrickm subscriber Posts: 11 Member
    Your line of business is visual so definitely use Instagram (and even Pinterest) to show your products.   I also suggest Facebook, especially for ad opportunities. Use these channels to tell about your brand story and communicate with potential customers. Depending on your market, you can try PR/ reaching out to influencers. 
  • Junaid_01Junaid_01 subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Very Well said @Justin evans I totally agree with your point, Brand awareness is one critical part of increasing traffic. I also suggest to adopt outreach strategy and try to reach to the potential buyers that can also increase your traffic. Make a best use of social media spread out on multiple social media channels and let the world know you exist.
  • Stren656Stren656 subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
    By african shirts do you mean shirts with an image of africa printed on them or an actual spefic ethnic type shirt common in certain african countries?

If its the latter target those communities and the places they congregate, if there's a community event like a parade for the people of those nations sort of like saint patrick's day with the irish go to them and reach out to people. It'll be a good way to gain brand awareness on the cheap.
    Less work and more sales, check out:
    http://realtimecrm.co.uk
  • Ernest WhaleyErnest Whaley subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    Switch to social media marketing, it will bring more traffic to your website and that too organic. Apart from that, you can take help of blogging, add guest posts to the web, it will drive huge traffic to your website.
  • MojesterMojester subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member

I always preferred to invest in seo

• AishleyAishley subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

It's no wonder that best way to get long term traffic to the website is SEO by which you can get organic traffic but it takes some time, if you want instant traffic then you can use PPC ads but you need a good budget here.

• Ashish MalikAshish Malik subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2019

On Line Website - Make it SEO friendly

Do keyword research - select keyword on the basis of sales, geographical, informative, Shirt Tail and Long Tail

Do On Page Optimization for your Website - Follow Googles's 200 rules

Then Go with Link Building

Take 6 months - Keep patience

For Instant Results

Do PPC

Do Social media paid marketing

• Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

5 easy ways to increase website traffic:

1.      Optimize your website content

2.      Use social media

3.      Do content outreach and guest posting

4.      Create a system that allows you to get recurring traffic

5.      Repackage and re-purpose your content

• HeavenGHeavenG subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

Regularly share your content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. If there is such possibility to ask other people/friends/etc to promote your page, do it. Identify what makes you distinct from your competitors and make some experiment with videos (both prepared and live stream), infographics, and other kinds of content that will catch people’s interest.

Also guest blogging is a good method, and email outreach to influencers.

And success will be near with combining of all of these methods :)

• okuoku subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member

Reach out to influencers.